WWE is betting big on its mid-year extravaganza to help revive fan interest in the brand, and if anything has a chance to do that, it’s the roster for SummerSlam. With major names like Brock Lesner, Becky Lynch, Goldberg, Charlotte Flair, and even an appearance from wrestling legend Trish Stratus, wrestling fans, at the very least, can live stream the card on WWE Network and expect to see their faves in top form.
Lesner may have used his Money in the Bank card to take the Universal Championship belt back at Extreme Rules–the very same title that Rollins took from him at WrestleMania 35–but naturally, Rollins will do his best to take it back at SummerSlam. Lesner is a force to be reckoned with, but will The Architect conquer him a second time?
Another major face-off pits Charlotte Flair up against “Queen of Queens” Trish Stratus. In an interview with Serius XM’s Busted Open, Stratus said the match would be her final visit to the ring. We figure it’ll end in Flair’s favor as a way for Stratus to pass on the torch. We get it typically goes that way…but can’t help but think Stratus deserves a better ending to her legendary career than to end up as another notch in Flair’s belt.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch the SummerSlam live stream for free.
- When: Sunday, Aug. 11 at 7pm ET
- Where: Scotiabank Arena in Toronto
- Streaming: WWE Network (free with a 30-day trial)
SummerSlam live stream: How to watch online for free
1) WWE Network
- Cost: $9.99 per month (after a 30-day free trial)
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4 and PS3, and iOS and Android devices
WWE Network is the best way to get the SummerSlam live stream if you want to watch these wrestlers blast each other across the ring. If you’re not already a convert, the news is good: You can get a month of the service free right now, which means you can watch SummerSlam without paying a nickel. After that, the service costs just $9.99 per month, but you can cancel anytime. Considering WWE Network lets you stream all 14 yearly pay-per-view events at no additional cost, that’s an incredible deal. Seriously, just think about how many times you’ve paid $60 to watch a single PPV telecast. For that same amount, you’ll get a whole year of WWE Network—and access to all past events. Between NXT, RAW, and Smackdown Live you’ll be able to watch all your faves hit the mat on a weekly basis, and you’ll also get access to documentaries, reality programming like My Son/Daughter Is a WWE Superstar, and originals like Wrestlemania Rewind.
Other ways to watch
If you have cable, you can order SummerSlam from Spectrum, Cox, Xfinity, Verizon FiOS TV, Cable One, Dish Network, and DirecTV for $59.99-$69.99. But given all of the benefits that come with WWE Network—not to mention the chance to get started with one free month—we’d highly recommend figuring out a way to stream SummerSlam using one of the devices listed above.
- Drew Gulak vs. Oney Lorcan (Cruiserweight Championship)
- Goldberg vs. Dolph Ziggler
- Trish Stratus vs. Charlotte Flair
- AJ Styles vs. Ricochet (United States Championship)
- Finn Balor vs. “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt
- Kevin Owens vs. Shane McMahon
- Bayley vs. Ember Moon (SmackDown Women’s Championship)
- Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton (WWE Championship)
- Becky Lynch vs. Natalya (Raw Women’s Championship, submission match)
- Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins (Universal Championship)
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.