- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday 5:24 PM
- Iggy Azalea and Peppa Pig have an epic Twitter fight Wednesday 4:39 PM
- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China Wednesday 3:33 PM
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Wednesday 3:14 PM
- The time traveler conversation meme finds its way to TikTok Wednesday 2:52 PM
- Grimes claims she had an ‘experimental’ eye surgery and practices sword fighting Wednesday 2:42 PM
- 70 Border Patrol employees under investigation for posts in secret Facebook group Wednesday 1:45 PM
- Republican’s Operation Safe Return criticized as cover for mass deporation Wednesday 1:42 PM
- ‘Chernobyl’ star Jared Harris is concerned about people taking Instagrams there Wednesday 12:18 PM
More Moppa, please!
If you’re one of the many fans who binge-watched season 1 of Amazon’s Transparent, a sweet surprise is coming your way. Amazon released commentary for all 10 episodes of season 1 on Wednesday, reports Variety.
The commentary features insights from Jill Soloway, the series creator whose experience with her own parent’s transition inspired the show, and Jeffrey Tambor, who stars as Maura, the series protagonist.
“People are always coming up and asking me questions about how the show came together,” said Soloway. “With this audio commentary, they can hear it for themselves—whether we’re reminiscing about the technicalities of production or just showcasing some of the chemistry we shared. I can’t wait for our fans to sink their teeth into some of our behind-the-scenes goodness.”
Much like the commentary found on the bonus section of a DVD, the audio reveals interesting tidbits and factoids about the show. For example, Tambor’s pivotal line, “My whole life I’ve been dressing up like a man,” was inspired by a real-life reaction from one of Soloway’s friends when she announced her own parent’s transition.
So if you’re a diehard fan who can’t wait for season 2, grab a bowl of popcorn and dive in.
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.