- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
When Daniel Tosh gets it right, look out; there are no survivors.
Tosh, the host of Comedy Central’s usually funny, often cringe-worthy Tosh.0, is known for finding and promptly ignoring the line between good clean fun and grab-’em-by-the-nads rants. In one of his more clever, acerbic, and spot-on diatribes, delivered during last night’s show, Tosh went helmet-to-helmet with the 2015 Super Bowl champion, the New England Patriots.
Showing more than a passing familiarity with the Pats and football, Tosh tore into the owner, star players, and the unproven-but-assumed notion that the team cheated by underinflating game footballs. A self-proclaimed Miami Dolphins fan, the comic had this to say about Deflategate:
If football is a game of inches, then anyone in your organization cheating even a single time taints everything from that point on.
Tosh jokingly (we think) added that he’s not afraid of spreading his Pats-hating nastiness in person to New Englanders in his alleged Nor’easter 2015 Tour “From Halifax to Hershey.”
When tickets go on sale, let us know. As a fellow Pats hater, I’ll be first in line.
Photo via redfriday/Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Allen Weiner has been a market research analyst in the area of new media and technology since 1994. He’s worked as writer, publisher and newspaper executive. He is the co-founder and publisher of Kombucha Network and the former managing vice president of Gartner.