- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Today 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
U.S. women’s gymnastics team flips out after being tweeted at by Zac Efron, Taylor Swift
Can we blame them for being pumped?
The only thing to make winning gold at the 2016 Olympics that much sweeter is to get a special congratulatory tweet from one of your idols.
That’s exactly what happened to the “Final Five,” also known as team USA’s women’s gymnastics team, which took home the gold medal in the team competition earlier this week.
And when the team’s coach showed the Final Five members Swift’s tweet, they seemed pretty excited.
Aly Raisman, the 22-year-old gymnast who won silver Thursday in the women’s all-around final, even suggested the two of them hang out if the pop star ever makes her way to Boston.
But nothing beats the Twitter flirtation that developed between Efron and newly crowned world champion, Simon Biles. On Tuesday, the 19-year-old gymnast took NBC News through a tour of her house where she showcased a life-sized cardboard cutout of the actor.
“Sometimes, I used to kiss him on the cheek,” Biles said.
From there, a Twitter friendship blossomed.
Now that Biles and Raisman took home gold and silver, respectively, for the women’s all-around final, it won’t be long before more celebs come out to celebrate. Perhaps there will even be room for Matthew McConaughey.