- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire 3 Years Ago
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction 3 Years Ago
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained 3 Years Ago
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on 3 Years Ago
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Today 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Today 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Today 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Today 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Today 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Today 12:31 PM
- Report: Ben Carson made transphobic comments at HUD meeting Today 12:30 PM
- Where to buy the Switch Lite and everything else you need to know Today 12:28 PM
- Facebook is experimenting with apps targeting teens Today 12:21 PM
- #LiveFromTheArea51Raid: Memes and highlights from the desert Today 12:06 PM
- Ready for Dark Mode? Here’s how to get it, and everything else in iOS 13 Today 11:41 AM
Stephen Colbert says people who support transgender bathroom bans are the real ‘weirdos’
To satirize recent state laws targeting transgender people, Colbert laid out his own bathroom policy.
In the wake of calls for a boycott of Target due to its inclusive bathroom policy, the Late Show host mocked conservative attempts to limit transgender people’s bathroom use in his signature style: by laying out his own bathroom policy and railing against the small talk that too often accompanies public bathroom use.
Colbert’s point was clear: Sure, he doesn’t want to talk to anyone, shake anyone’s hand, or share a urinal if he doesn’t have to. But he doesn’t care which bathroom people use, as long as it’s right for them.
“And to all those lawmakers out there who are so obsessed with who’s using what bathroom and what plumbing they’ve got downtown,” Colbert said, “Newsflash: you’re the weirdos.”
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.