- This bubble tea challenge is a balancing act 2 Years Ago
- Laura Dern gifts the internet with more ‘Big Little Lies’ memes 2 Years Ago
- The Stonks meme is back—and it’s weirder than ever 2 Years Ago
- Video shows officer threatening to shoot pregnant Black woman in front of her children Today 1:12 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Leila’ tells a familiar dystopian horror story Today 12:37 PM
- O.J. Simpson says in Twitter video that he never slept with Kris Jenner Today 12:06 PM
- GOP commissioner jokes on Facebook about running over Trump protesters Today 11:52 AM
- 2 trans women killed within 3 months in the same neighborhood Today 11:35 AM
- DNC tries to pander with tone-deaf Beyoncé meme, fails miserably Today 10:45 AM
- Parkland grad says Harvard rescinded offer after racist comments surfaced Today 10:10 AM
- ‘The Edge of Democracy’ chronicles the downfall of Brazil’s political leaders Today 9:42 AM
- Suzanne Collins is writing a ‘Hunger Games’ prequel Today 9:31 AM
- KSI rips Logan Paul for delay in their YouTube boxing rematch Today 9:02 AM
- Trump kicks chief of staff out of Oval Office for coughing during interview Today 8:29 AM
- Netflix announces Samurai version of ‘Game of Thrones’ Today 8:10 AM
The Chris Brown and Soulja Boy Instagram feud is getting ridiculous
After Soulja Boy took Instagram to call out Brown on Tuesday morning, Breezy has retaliated with a follow-up diss video today—and an unexpected shoutout to his new single.
In Brown’s video, he invites Soulja Boy to settle their differences in the boxing ring. He responds to the rapper insulting him for beating Rihanna by saying, “I was 17; I’m 27 now.” He then veers away from the disses to promote his song “Party,” featuring Gucci Mane and Usher, on iTunes before signing off.
Brown’s video was in response to Soulja Boy’s warning that he was going to “beat the fuck out” of him next time they crossed paths.
The feud initially began after Soulja Boy commented on an Instagram post by Brown’s ex, Karrueche Tran‘s Instagram post, leaving a string of heart-eyed emojis on her vacation pic upload.
Soulja Boy claims that soon after the photo like, he received an ill-tempered, threatening FaceTime call from Brown.
Soulja Boy continued throwing shade at the rapper, calling him “irrelevant” and advising him to “stop snorting so much coke.”
Chris bitch ass aint even trending no more. But I am lmao irrelevant ass woman beater. can’t wait to see this fuck nigga don’t shake my hand
— Soulja Boy (@souljaboy) January 3, 2017
Brown called out Soulja Boy for conjuring up the “imaginary beef,” saying that the alleged phone call never happened.
Tran weighed in social media feud with her own comment, calling the whole thing “ridiculous” and laughing off Brown’s “poppin” remark. The “Loyal” singer couldn’t let his ex have the last word, though. He followed up with, “NOONE ASKED FOR THIS OPINION!!!”
A post shared by Baller Alert (@balleralert) on
Here’s hoping that’s the end of it.
Dahlia Dandashi is a multimedia content producer. Her work has been published at the Austin American-Statesman and Viceland. An Arab-American raised in Dubai, she is based in Austin, Texas.