- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
Proceeds from the song’s sale will benefit the Everytown for Gun Safety support fund.
Summer ’16 brought many tributes to the victims of June’s shooting at Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida.
First there was Jennifer Lopez and Lin-Manuel Miranda‘s “Love Make the World Go Round.” Then there was the “We Are the World”-style “Hands” from Britney Spears, Gwen Stefani, and many more artists. Now indie artist Sharon Van Etten has released a new single, “Not Myself,” to benefit the Everytown for Gun Safety support fund.
Proceeds from the song’s sale will go toward Everytown’s gun education work and research on gun violence. Buyers have the option of paying $1 for the track, or electing to pay more if they so choose. It can be streamed via Spotify below.
Van Etten said she chose the charity because it supports “research and awareness work.”
In the memory of those trying to be safe and be themselves, I hope we can all come together to help prevent another massacre like this and end gun violence.
“Not Myself” is available for purchase via Bandcamp.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.