- Laura Ingraham mocks Rep. Ilhan Omar’s accent in audio clip Sunday 5:46 PM
- #ExposeChristianSchools goes viral after Karen Pence and Covington Catholic School uproars Sunday 4:37 PM
- People have started laundering money on Fortnite Sunday 3:03 PM
- Cardi B claps back at Tomi Lahren’s sarcastic tweet Sunday 1:25 PM
- Twitter may have exposed Android users’ private tweets Sunday 12:13 PM
- Leave Me Alurn is the ‘SNL’ product we wish existed in real life Sunday 10:06 AM
- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free Sunday 8:15 AM
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Sunday 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Sunday 1:00 AM
Proceeds from the song’s sale will benefit the Everytown for Gun Safety support fund.
Summer ’16 brought many tributes to the victims of June’s shooting at Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida.
First there was Jennifer Lopez and Lin-Manuel Miranda‘s “Love Make the World Go Round.” Then there was the “We Are the World”-style “Hands” from Britney Spears, Gwen Stefani, and many more artists. Now indie artist Sharon Van Etten has released a new single, “Not Myself,” to benefit the Everytown for Gun Safety support fund.
Proceeds from the song’s sale will go toward Everytown’s gun education work and research on gun violence. Buyers have the option of paying $1 for the track, or electing to pay more if they so choose. It can be streamed via Spotify below.
Van Etten said she chose the charity because it supports “research and awareness work.”
In the memory of those trying to be safe and be themselves, I hope we can all come together to help prevent another massacre like this and end gun violence.
“Not Myself” is available for purchase via Bandcamp.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.