- Gynecologist explains why garlic shouldn’t go in vaginas Wednesday 7:08 PM
- People on Twitter are posting the 5 weirdest jobs they’ve had for this meme Wednesday 6:48 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11’s Jax ends slavery—and gamers are pissed Wednesday 5:46 PM
- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines Wednesday 3:58 PM
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Wednesday 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Wednesday 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Wednesday 2:49 PM
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts Wednesday 2:23 PM
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Wednesday 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Wednesday 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Wednesday 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Wednesday 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Wednesday 10:52 AM
- Twitch star TF Blade banned for racial slur—but he swears he didn’t say it Wednesday 10:43 AM
Proceeds from the song’s sale will benefit the Everytown for Gun Safety support fund.
Summer ’16 brought many tributes to the victims of June’s shooting at Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida.
First there was Jennifer Lopez and Lin-Manuel Miranda‘s “Love Make the World Go Round.” Then there was the “We Are the World”-style “Hands” from Britney Spears, Gwen Stefani, and many more artists. Now indie artist Sharon Van Etten has released a new single, “Not Myself,” to benefit the Everytown for Gun Safety support fund.
Proceeds from the song’s sale will go toward Everytown’s gun education work and research on gun violence. Buyers have the option of paying $1 for the track, or electing to pay more if they so choose. It can be streamed via Spotify below.
Van Etten said she chose the charity because it supports “research and awareness work.”
In the memory of those trying to be safe and be themselves, I hope we can all come together to help prevent another massacre like this and end gun violence.
“Not Myself” is available for purchase via Bandcamp.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.