- ‘Stage Fright’ is a therapeutic lens into Jenny Slate’s weird world 3 Years Ago
- Congressmen call on Twitter to shut down accounts for Hamas, Hezbollah 3 Years Ago
- How to stream Lakers vs. Clippers 3 Years Ago
- Popular Twitch streamer banned for something he didn’t even say Today 10:13 AM
- What is going on with C-3PO in the final trailer for ‘The Rise of Skywalker’? Today 10:04 AM
- Amazon’s facial recognition misidentified Boston athletes as criminals Today 9:08 AM
- Trump sparks outrage by calling impeachment ‘lynching’ Today 8:58 AM
- Rose Tico returns in the final ‘Rise of Skywalker’ trailer Today 8:44 AM
- Pokémon Go player fatally shot after witnessing robbery Today 8:05 AM
- How to watch ‘Doc Martin’ Today 8:00 AM
- Review: The Outer Worlds is so much more than ‘Fallout in space’ Today 8:00 AM
- Even Jack Burkman’s clients don’t want anything to do with his pro-Trump smears Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘My Life Is Murder’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Galatasaray in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League Monday 11:00 PM
Sharon Van Etten releases song for Orlando shooting victims
Proceeds from the song’s sale will benefit the Everytown for Gun Safety support fund.
Summer ’16 brought many tributes to the victims of June’s shooting at Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida.
First there was Jennifer Lopez and Lin-Manuel Miranda‘s “Love Make the World Go Round.” Then there was the “We Are the World”-style “Hands” from Britney Spears, Gwen Stefani, and many more artists. Now indie artist Sharon Van Etten has released a new single, “Not Myself,” to benefit the Everytown for Gun Safety support fund.
Proceeds from the song’s sale will go toward Everytown’s gun education work and research on gun violence. Buyers have the option of paying $1 for the track, or electing to pay more if they so choose. It can be streamed via Spotify below.
Van Etten said she chose the charity because it supports “research and awareness work.”
In the memory of those trying to be safe and be themselves, I hope we can all come together to help prevent another massacre like this and end gun violence.
“Not Myself” is available for purchase via Bandcamp.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.