- What we learned when we visited Mr. B, America’s chonkiest cat 2 Years Ago
- Trump’s new plan to fight opioid overdose? This tweet 2 Years Ago
- Fitness influencer shamed for ‘sharing numbers’ in weight loss posts 2 Years Ago
- The VSCO Girl has always been here 2 Years Ago
- Tomi Lahren’s new ‘Freedom’ clothing line is made for meme mockery Today 12:21 PM
- Taylor Swift’s ‘London Boy’ is a bop, but Brits don’t think her lyrics are accurate Today 12:02 PM
- Popeyes blasted for employee welfare amid chicken sandwich war Today 11:59 AM
- Cory Booker says nonbinary ‘niephew’ taught him about trans issues Today 11:53 AM
- Megachurch pushes conversion therapy on Instagram, Facebook with #OnceGay Today 11:11 AM
- Christian movie review site blasts Netflix’s ‘The Family’ Today 10:50 AM
- YouTube removes ‘coordinated’ channels spreading Hong Kong misinformation Today 8:58 AM
- Christina Hendricks reveals she was the hand model for ‘American Beauty’ Today 8:30 AM
- Why can’t independent feminist websites stay afloat? Today 8:17 AM
- Far-right troll Jacob Wohl scammed a Trump fan out of $25,000 Today 7:54 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Buccaneers in key preseason action Today 7:02 AM
It’s usually a little embarrassing when your mom talks about sex, but when she tweets about it, things reach a whole new level.
“Falling asleep after sex is like shavasana after yoga.!” she said, comparing post-coital napping to the meditative wind-down period after a yoga workout.
Falling asleep after sex is like shavasana after yoga.!— Sandy Rogen (@RogenSandy) July 5, 2017
You can picture it now: the Rogens, retirees maybe, enjoying a relaxing, morning-bone sesh. After a quick doze, maybe Sandy makes that joke aloud and her husband chuckles.
“That’s good,” he might have said. “You should tweet that.”
And then a couple hours later, just scrolling his feed, their son Seth notices the tweet. His reaction was about what you’d expect from the comedy star.
Jesus fucking Christ mom. https://t.co/KJSIlWZMhL— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) July 5, 2017
After that it was off to the races. Rogen’s mother defended her tweet, calling it an “observation of life,” while his sister Danya jumped in to echo her brother’s embarrassment.
It's just an observation of life !— Sandy Rogen (@RogenSandy) July 5, 2017
Whatever!!— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) July 5, 2017
Whateverrrrrrrr mom mm!— Sandy Rogen (@RogenSandy) July 5, 2017
@RogenSandy seriously. I actually gagged. 🤢— danya rogen (@DrRogen) July 5, 2017
It's gnarly— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) July 5, 2017
Sandy stuck to her guns, though, eventually deciding that her children are being “Lame!” about her good tweet.
Lame!— Sandy Rogen (@RogenSandy) July 6, 2017
And because this easily could be a scene from one of Rogen’s teen movies, his friends and fans have been having fun roasting the writer/director in his mentions too.
"Hey Seth! Come see what your Mom tweeted!" pic.twitter.com/8aanQvxDK6— john macdonald (@lennon4life1968) July 5, 2017
Bestow thy MUTE.— Anders Holm (@ders808) July 5, 2017
Go on, Sandy. Expand on that thought.— Jarrett Bellini (@JarrettBellini) July 5, 2017
Cancel my shavasana!— (((Andy Kindler))) (@AndyKindler) July 5, 2017
10/10. Perfect mom moment.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.