- Miss USA thought everyone spoke English—and the internet is not amused Thursday 8:02 PM
- Kanye’s Twitter tirade prompts apology from Drake Thursday 6:00 PM
- Listen to Pitbull cover Toto’s ‘Africa’ for the ‘Aquaman’ soundtrack—or don’t Thursday 4:55 PM
- Nancy Pelosi’s coat is the meme the resistance needed Thursday 4:39 PM
- Oprah says what was really on her mind while she ate bland chicken Thursday 4:00 PM
- Democrats predicted to go in on net neutrality when they take House Thursday 3:33 PM
- Holland Tunnel decorations are a real nightmare before Christmas Thursday 2:12 PM
- Amazon still won’t say whether ICE uses its facial recognition tech Thursday 1:13 PM
- Ninja to host Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:00 PM
- How to stream the NFL’s Week 15 for free Thursday 12:00 PM
- An undecorated room sets off a debate on Twitter Thursday 11:42 AM
- Netflix announces Taylor Swift ‘Reputation’ concert film Thursday 11:29 AM
- People are making memes out of these ‘leaked’ ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ posters Thursday 11:12 AM
- How to watch the Liga MX final between Club América and Cruz Azul online for free Thursday 10:38 AM
- Parents shocked by KKK costumes in school play Thursday 10:11 AM
Serena Williams’ husband bought her 4 billboards to crown the ‘Greatest Momma’
Serena Williams just had a baby girl, and her husband wants to shout it from the rooftops—or billboards.
Alexis Ohanian, Williams’ husband and father of the couple’s daughter, put up four billboards on a highway near Palm Springs, California, to “welcome her to back tennis” this month. In his Instagram post and on the billboards, Ohanian calls Williams the “#G.M.O.A.T.,” or “Greatest Momma Of All Time.”
Many on Twitter are pointing out how cute Ohanian is for making the gesture toward Williams, who will be playing in the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, California next week. It will be the first time Williams has set foot on the court to compete since the birth of her child, according to the Verge. Williams last played while eight weeks pregnant in the 2017 Australian Open.
Awww that is so sweet. pic.twitter.com/oykhOgEj4t
— Wesley Choate (@topspinlob77) February 27, 2018
Others on Twitter wanted to know if there are any other “Ohanians” out there.
Are there anymore Alexis Ohanians somewhere ? #askingformyself?
— Zazi (@Zamazizi) February 27, 2018
Ohanian does seem pretty impressive, both as a husband and a public figure. He co-founded Reddit and was dubbed “Mayor of the Internet” for battling U.S. lawmakers over proposed bills aimed at cracking down on online copyright breaches, according to the Sun. Ohanian joined Williams in welcoming their first child, Alexis Ohanian, into the world on Sept. 1.
According to the Mercury News, Ohanian said becoming a dad is better than co-founding Reddit and called his daughter his “legacy” in an Instagram post.
Williams, for her part, is ready to get back into tennis and thinks her baby girl “might help” her win a 25th Grand Slam title. According to People, Williams has already said her need to win has been replaced by a feeling of comfort because she knows she has a child to go home to. And it doesn’t hurt to have a super supportive husband as well, or a “G.H.O.A.T.”
Grace Speas is a news reporter, covering streaming entertainment, internet culture, and viral politics.