- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now 1 Year Ago
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion 1 Year Ago
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store 1 Year Ago
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions 1 Year Ago
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Today 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Today 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Today 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Today 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Today 11:32 AM
- Cop under investigation after implying Ocasio-Cortez should be shot Today 11:07 AM
- The ‘Big Little Lies’ finale sucked—but at least we have Renata Today 11:01 AM
- Wendy Davis announces she’s running for Congress Today 10:45 AM
- Please stop being horny on main for #IceBae and other horrible people Today 10:02 AM
- Illinois Republicans share ‘jihad squad’ meme of 4 Dem congresswomen Today 9:05 AM
- How a deepfake gets made Today 8:25 AM
Serena Williams’ husband bought her 4 billboards to crown the ‘Greatest Momma’
Serena Williams just had a baby girl, and her husband wants to shout it from the rooftops—or billboards.
Alexis Ohanian, Williams’ husband and father of the couple’s daughter, put up four billboards on a highway near Palm Springs, California, to “welcome her to back tennis” this month. In his Instagram post and on the billboards, Ohanian calls Williams the “#G.M.O.A.T.,” or “Greatest Momma Of All Time.”
Many on Twitter are pointing out how cute Ohanian is for making the gesture toward Williams, who will be playing in the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, California next week. It will be the first time Williams has set foot on the court to compete since the birth of her child, according to the Verge. Williams last played while eight weeks pregnant in the 2017 Australian Open.
Awww that is so sweet. pic.twitter.com/oykhOgEj4t— Wesley Choate (@topspinlob77) February 27, 2018
Others on Twitter wanted to know if there are any other “Ohanians” out there.
Are there anymore Alexis Ohanians somewhere ? #askingformyself?— Zazi (@Zamazizi) February 27, 2018
Ohanian does seem pretty impressive, both as a husband and a public figure. He co-founded Reddit and was dubbed “Mayor of the Internet” for battling U.S. lawmakers over proposed bills aimed at cracking down on online copyright breaches, according to the Sun. Ohanian joined Williams in welcoming their first child, Alexis Ohanian, into the world on Sept. 1.
According to the Mercury News, Ohanian said becoming a dad is better than co-founding Reddit and called his daughter his “legacy” in an Instagram post.
Williams, for her part, is ready to get back into tennis and thinks her baby girl “might help” her win a 25th Grand Slam title. According to People, Williams has already said her need to win has been replaced by a feeling of comfort because she knows she has a child to go home to. And it doesn’t hurt to have a super supportive husband as well, or a “G.H.O.A.T.”
Grace Speas is a news reporter, covering streaming entertainment, internet culture, and viral politics.