- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
Serena Williams just had a baby girl, and her husband wants to shout it from the rooftops—or billboards.
Alexis Ohanian, Williams’ husband and father of the couple’s daughter, put up four billboards on a highway near Palm Springs, California, to “welcome her to back tennis” this month. In his Instagram post and on the billboards, Ohanian calls Williams the “#G.M.O.A.T.,” or “Greatest Momma Of All Time.”
Many on Twitter are pointing out how cute Ohanian is for making the gesture toward Williams, who will be playing in the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, California next week. It will be the first time Williams has set foot on the court to compete since the birth of her child, according to the Verge. Williams last played while eight weeks pregnant in the 2017 Australian Open.
Awww that is so sweet. pic.twitter.com/oykhOgEj4t— Wesley Choate (@topspinlob77) February 27, 2018
Others on Twitter wanted to know if there are any other “Ohanians” out there.
Are there anymore Alexis Ohanians somewhere ? #askingformyself?— Zazi (@Zamazizi) February 27, 2018
Ohanian does seem pretty impressive, both as a husband and a public figure. He co-founded Reddit and was dubbed “Mayor of the Internet” for battling U.S. lawmakers over proposed bills aimed at cracking down on online copyright breaches, according to the Sun. Ohanian joined Williams in welcoming their first child, Alexis Ohanian, into the world on Sept. 1.
According to the Mercury News, Ohanian said becoming a dad is better than co-founding Reddit and called his daughter his “legacy” in an Instagram post.
Williams, for her part, is ready to get back into tennis and thinks her baby girl “might help” her win a 25th Grand Slam title. According to People, Williams has already said her need to win has been replaced by a feeling of comfort because she knows she has a child to go home to. And it doesn’t hurt to have a super supportive husband as well, or a “G.H.O.A.T.”
Grace Speas is a news reporter, covering streaming entertainment, internet culture, and viral politics.