- ‘Rick and Morty’ attempts to contain its dragon with mixed results in episode 4 Today 9:24 AM
- James Comey puts ‘Fox & Friends’ on blast Today 8:54 AM
- Nick Cannon’s latest Eminem diss is not working out for him Today 8:27 AM
- Conservatives want a war on porn. It’s puritanical sex values that need to go Today 7:00 AM
- The year in Meghan McCain news cycles Today 6:30 AM
- Why Tumblr is totally obsessed with 2 characters from Stephen King’s ‘It’ Today 6:00 AM
- Game developer Chucklefish accused of whitewashing characters of color Monday 5:22 PM
- Apple TV’s ‘Hala’ is a silent explosion of a coming-of-age film Monday 5:20 PM
- This new video game apparently lets you play Jesus Monday 4:02 PM
- Golden toilet creator sells world’s most expensive banana—only for another artist to eat it Monday 3:24 PM
- This new Chinese video game lets players attack Hong Kong protesters Monday 3:05 PM
- These TikTok videos that recreate NPC interactions from Skyrim are honestly incredible Monday 2:40 PM
- John Legend defends pro-consent ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ lyrics Monday 2:38 PM
- Video shows UC Berkeley student using racial slurs, making homophobic comments Monday 2:36 PM
- New video reveals Brother Nature instigated sandwich shop fight Monday 2:06 PM
Serena Williams just had a baby girl, and her husband wants to shout it from the rooftops—or billboards.
Alexis Ohanian, Williams’ husband and father of the couple’s daughter, put up four billboards on a highway near Palm Springs, California, to “welcome her to back tennis” this month. In his Instagram post and on the billboards, Ohanian calls Williams the “#G.M.O.A.T.,” or “Greatest Momma Of All Time.”
Many on Twitter are pointing out how cute Ohanian is for making the gesture toward Williams, who will be playing in the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, California next week. It will be the first time Williams has set foot on the court to compete since the birth of her child, according to the Verge. Williams last played while eight weeks pregnant in the 2017 Australian Open.
Awww that is so sweet. pic.twitter.com/oykhOgEj4t— Wesley Choate (@topspinlob77) February 27, 2018
Others on Twitter wanted to know if there are any other “Ohanians” out there.
Are there anymore Alexis Ohanians somewhere ? #askingformyself?— Zazi (@Zamazizi) February 27, 2018
Ohanian does seem pretty impressive, both as a husband and a public figure. He co-founded Reddit and was dubbed “Mayor of the Internet” for battling U.S. lawmakers over proposed bills aimed at cracking down on online copyright breaches, according to the Sun. Ohanian joined Williams in welcoming their first child, Alexis Ohanian, into the world on Sept. 1.
According to the Mercury News, Ohanian said becoming a dad is better than co-founding Reddit and called his daughter his “legacy” in an Instagram post.
Williams, for her part, is ready to get back into tennis and thinks her baby girl “might help” her win a 25th Grand Slam title. According to People, Williams has already said her need to win has been replaced by a feeling of comfort because she knows she has a child to go home to. And it doesn’t hurt to have a super supportive husband as well, or a “G.H.O.A.T.”
Grace Speas is a news reporter, covering streaming entertainment, internet culture, and viral politics.