- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
Serena Williams’ husband bought her 4 billboards to crown the ‘Greatest Momma’
Serena Williams just had a baby girl, and her husband wants to shout it from the rooftops—or billboards.
Alexis Ohanian, Williams’ husband and father of the couple’s daughter, put up four billboards on a highway near Palm Springs, California, to “welcome her to back tennis” this month. In his Instagram post and on the billboards, Ohanian calls Williams the “#G.M.O.A.T.,” or “Greatest Momma Of All Time.”
Many on Twitter are pointing out how cute Ohanian is for making the gesture toward Williams, who will be playing in the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, California next week. It will be the first time Williams has set foot on the court to compete since the birth of her child, according to the Verge. Williams last played while eight weeks pregnant in the 2017 Australian Open.
Awww that is so sweet. pic.twitter.com/oykhOgEj4t
— Wesley Choate (@topspinlob77) February 27, 2018
Others on Twitter wanted to know if there are any other “Ohanians” out there.
Are there anymore Alexis Ohanians somewhere ? #askingformyself?
— Zazi (@Zamazizi) February 27, 2018
Ohanian does seem pretty impressive, both as a husband and a public figure. He co-founded Reddit and was dubbed “Mayor of the Internet” for battling U.S. lawmakers over proposed bills aimed at cracking down on online copyright breaches, according to the Sun. Ohanian joined Williams in welcoming their first child, Alexis Ohanian, into the world on Sept. 1.
According to the Mercury News, Ohanian said becoming a dad is better than co-founding Reddit and called his daughter his “legacy” in an Instagram post.
Williams, for her part, is ready to get back into tennis and thinks her baby girl “might help” her win a 25th Grand Slam title. According to People, Williams has already said her need to win has been replaced by a feeling of comfort because she knows she has a child to go home to. And it doesn’t hurt to have a super supportive husband as well, or a “G.H.O.A.T.”
Grace Speas is a news reporter, covering streaming entertainment, internet culture, and viral politics.