- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
Actor Robin Williams found dead at 63
The actor was found in his California home at 11:55 am local time.
Actor Robin Williams was found dead in his home in Tiburon, Calif., Monday, according to local officials.
The cause of death is not official yet, but according to a memo released by Marin County Sheriff’s Department Assistant Chief Deputy Coroner Lt. Keith Boyd, it is thought to be suicide by asphyxiation. Williams turned 63 on July 21.
The beloved actor was perhaps best known for his roles in Good Will Hunting, Flubber, Mrs. Doubtfire, and Dead Poets Society. He was also the iconic voice of Genie in Disney’s Aladdin, and an idol to stand-up comedians everywhere.
The new of his death spread rapidly on social media, where many hoped for another fake claim.
I hope this news about Robin Williams is fake. I’m about to shed some tears real life !
— (@xoAlanaMarie) August 11, 2014
im seeing tweets about Robin Williams dead. this better be fake
— Billy Roberts (@BillyRoberts19_) August 11, 2014
I really, really hope the news about robin williams is fake…
— rory (@rory785) August 11, 2014
As reports continued to spread, fellow celebrities and fans alike paid their respects.
Mork from Ork: Rare evidence that aliens can be smart, clever, articulate & funny. Robin Williams, RIP
— Neil deGrasse Tyson (@neiltyson) August 11, 2014
O MY CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN #riprobinwilliams
— Tessa Netting (@tessanetting) August 11, 2014
Robin Williams was an actor without compare. I can’t believe he is gone…#RIPRobinWilliams
— Daniel Bostic (@debostic) August 11, 2014
Oh Jesus I am crushed to hear about Robin Williams’ passing. So fucking sad and surreal. Just awful.
— Chris Hardwick (@nerdist) August 11, 2014
Williams was last seen alive in his Tiburon home, where he lives with his wife, last night around 10 pm. Police responded to a 9-1-1 call at 11:55 am, and Williams was pronounced dead on the scene at 12:02 pm. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.
Photo via Wikimedia Commons
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.