- Internet scammers taking advantage of Narwhal the ‘unicorn’ rescue puppy 5 Years Ago
- Sunday Night Football: How to stream Bears vs. Rams live 5 Years Ago
- CupcakKe’s month-long ‘water fast’ has fans concerned Today 11:24 AM
- Will.i.am claims ‘racist’ flight attendant called police on him Today 10:28 AM
- How does Disney+ compare to Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Apple TV+? Today 9:35 AM
- How to stream Patriots vs. Eagles live Today 9:30 AM
- Girl turns herself into ‘pleading face’ emoji Today 9:27 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Lions live Today 9:00 AM
- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Today 3:00 AM
- Influencer gets prison time for performing illegal cosmetic procedures on followers Saturday 5:13 PM
- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby Saturday 3:53 PM
- Buttigieg used Kenyan stock photo to promote plan for Black America (updated) Saturday 2:29 PM
- Disney+ is the best streaming service for families available today Saturday 1:43 PM
- Netflix to amend Nazi docuseries after being accused of rewriting history Saturday 1:09 PM
Actor Robin Williams found dead at 63
The actor was found in his California home at 11:55 am local time.
Actor Robin Williams was found dead in his home in Tiburon, Calif., Monday, according to local officials.
The cause of death is not official yet, but according to a memo released by Marin County Sheriff’s Department Assistant Chief Deputy Coroner Lt. Keith Boyd, it is thought to be suicide by asphyxiation. Williams turned 63 on July 21.
The beloved actor was perhaps best known for his roles in Good Will Hunting, Flubber, Mrs. Doubtfire, and Dead Poets Society. He was also the iconic voice of Genie in Disney’s Aladdin, and an idol to stand-up comedians everywhere.
The new of his death spread rapidly on social media, where many hoped for another fake claim.
I hope this news about Robin Williams is fake. I’m about to shed some tears real life !
— (@xoAlanaMarie) August 11, 2014
im seeing tweets about Robin Williams dead. this better be fake
— Billy Roberts (@BillyRoberts19_) August 11, 2014
I really, really hope the news about robin williams is fake…
— rory (@rory785) August 11, 2014
As reports continued to spread, fellow celebrities and fans alike paid their respects.
Mork from Ork: Rare evidence that aliens can be smart, clever, articulate & funny. Robin Williams, RIP
— Neil deGrasse Tyson (@neiltyson) August 11, 2014
O MY CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN #riprobinwilliams
— Tessa Netting (@tessanetting) August 11, 2014
Robin Williams was an actor without compare. I can’t believe he is gone…#RIPRobinWilliams
— Daniel Bostic (@debostic) August 11, 2014
Oh Jesus I am crushed to hear about Robin Williams’ passing. So fucking sad and surreal. Just awful.
— Chris Hardwick (@nerdist) August 11, 2014
Williams was last seen alive in his Tiburon home, where he lives with his wife, last night around 10 pm. Police responded to a 9-1-1 call at 11:55 am, and Williams was pronounced dead on the scene at 12:02 pm. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.
Photo via Wikimedia Commons
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.