- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
‘I will always love her more than anything!’
If you’ve caught the new show, you may remember contestant Tom from the very first episode—he had a lot he wanted to work on in his life. His daughter nominated the Dallas, Georgia, native because she thought he seemed lonely, and living by himself in a basement apartment didn’t seem to be helping. The new grandfather admittedly spent the bulk of his free time watching TV naked in a crusty recliner, drinking the “redneck margaritas” he’d make using Mountain Dew and tequila. The one thing that seemed to light up Tom’s life, though, was the thought of his ex-wife, Abby. Abby shared his love of vintage cars, he kept mentioning. He hoped Abby would enjoy his new haircut. Eventually it became clear that Tom was hoping a new hygiene routine, some social advice, and a revamped apartment might be the ticket back into Abby’s heart.
At the end of the episode, it looked like love might have found a way, too. Abby met up with the brand new Tom at a car show and came back to see his new place. She was all compliments and smiles as she took in her improved ex-husband, and the episode ended with her saying she’d “love” to go out to dinner with him that Saturday night.
So when Tom shared a photo of himself and Abby smiling together this week, fans couldn’t help but wonder: Had their relationship worked out?
— Tom Jackson (@TomJack20176306) February 26, 2018
Sadly, the answer is no. Tom cleared the record on Twitter Tuesday night, saying that while Abby “will always be” the love of his life, the pair are “no longer together.”
I just watched my episode for about the 20th time. I cry 😭 like a baby 👶 ever time I watch it. Just to let the world 🌎 know, Abby and I are no longer together. She will always be the love ❤️ of my life. I will always love ❤️ her more than anything!!!!!!!
— Tom Jackson (@TomJack20176306) February 28, 2018
While fans are disappointed the couple called it quits, writer Hadley Freeman also pointed out that this only further solidifies the show’s status as a tearjerker:
Oh my God! This show just continues to SLAY me. Queer Eye = the show 2018 needed 💔💔💔 https://t.co/qfDVgQAn7Z
— Hadley Freeman (@HadleyFreeman) February 28, 2018
And for Tom’s part, he says he’s “doing great.”
I’m doing great. I’m still looking for that special lady!!!!!
— Tom Jackson (@TomJack20176306) February 25, 2018
Just looking for a special lady to share his new chairs with.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.