- Report: DACA recipients increasingly being denied federal housing loans 2 Years Ago
- Chris Christie is finally getting praise—for turning down Donald Trump 2 Years Ago
- Net neutrality died last year. But the fight’s just begun Today 1:18 PM
- Kim Kierkegaardashian creator says popular Twitter account ‘speaks to the duality in all of us’ Today 1:02 PM
- Facebook admits that 6.8 million users’ private photos were exposed Today 12:55 PM
- YouTube reviewer heads to homeless shelter to critique the food Today 12:46 PM
- Viral video shows Brooklyn woman’s racist tirade and violent attack Today 12:38 PM
- 7-year-old migrant girl dies in Border Patrol custody Today 11:31 AM
- People are losing it after hearing the end of Ariana Grande’s new song ‘Imagine’ Today 11:28 AM
- Failed Green party candidate was secretly behind this popular QAnon account Today 11:05 AM
- Dude gets dunked on for claiming Keira Knightley’s ‘six pack’ makes her trans Today 10:52 AM
- A theoretical tax on Bud Light has infuriated conservatives Today 10:10 AM
- Tumblr is back on the iOS App Store as NSFW content ban looms Today 10:10 AM
- Here’s why YouTube deleted 58 million videos and a ton of accounts Today 9:43 AM
- The 25 worst passwords of 2018 Today 9:27 AM
This is why you don’t play Pokémon Go during a Beyoncé concert
‘She’s lucky Solange never saw her.’
In the wake of Pokémon Go’s instant popularity, players quickly came to a general consensus about where we should (and shouldn’t) play the game. But we might want to add concerts to that list after one attendee spotted another playing during a Beyoncé show.
During Beyoncé’s stop at Stade de France just north of Paris on Thursday, Anand Desai-Barochia noticed someone at the concert close to the stage had Pokémon Go booted up on her phone as Beyoncé performed in front of her. Most concerts these days include people holding smartphones capturing every moment of a concert, but augmented reality is something else altogether.
“This bitch is finding Pokémon,” he said. “She’s finding Pokémon when Beyoncé’s singing. Fucking Pokémon! Look at where she is. Look at where she is. She’s next to the stage!”
A video posted by Anand Desai-Barochia (@ananddb) on
Pokémon Go may boast rare Pokémon, but catching one at a Beyoncé concert might be the rarest of them all. Just maybe put down the phone afterward—or switch apps.
WATCH MORE: Our beginner’s guide to Pokémon GO:
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.