- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
Free tickets to Nipsey Hussle’s public “Celebration of Life” went within minutes of being available on the AXS website Tuesday morning. The problem is that ticket scalpers were racing the mourning fans trying to get their hands on tickets.
The company is making the tickets non-refundable and exclusive to the mobile app to ensure that they don’t get resold on the secondary market. Craigslist is also doing its part to prevent the reselling of the tickets by removing Hussle memorial service tickets from its website.
Hussle’s memorial service is to be held on Thursday morning at the Staples Center, which can seat up to 21,000 people. The tickets are only available to California residents.
On March 31, Hussel was pronounced dead after being shot multiple times outside of his clothing store in Los Angeles. Tributes have been pouring in for the late rapper and community activist ever since.
A Facebook video posted on Tuesday showed Hussle’s mother sharing some strength and encouraging words for his fans.
“I have perfect peace, and I have strength, and I want to lift you up,” she said in the video. “Please do not stay down, do not stay stuck, do not mourn. Because Nipsey is great … Now he’s even greater because he has no bounds and limits. His energy is everywhere. He’s there with you now and he’s here with me now. And pleased be encouraged.”
Eric Holder has been charged with Hussle’s murder.
The Daily Dot has reached out to AXS for comment.
- Nipsey Hussle’s death prompts remembrances and conspiracy theories
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site
- Logan Paul’s dog was killed by a coyote—and even his biggest rival feels bad
Eilish O’Sullivan is the news wire editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.