- Student allegedly posted roommate’s ‘missing’ flyer on Instagram before being charged with her murder Monday 11:45 PM
- Reddit AITA: Man verbally abused partner through cat impersonations Monday 7:18 PM
- Facebook finally lets you kill distracting navigation bar notifications Monday 6:14 PM
- Artist says Thinx underwear campaign ripped off their memes (updated) Monday 5:48 PM
- Google reportedly gathering millions of Americans’ personal health records Monday 5:00 PM
- Trina goes off on Walmart shopper who allegedly called her the ‘N-word’ Monday 4:14 PM
- Bored of Helvetica? iOS users finally have some new font options Monday 4:00 PM
- Amid panic, YouTube says new terms of service won’t impact creators Monday 3:56 PM
- Opposing sides fight to control online narrative over Bolivian ‘coup’ Monday 3:50 PM
- How to sign up for the Disney+ bundle Monday 3:35 PM
- Instagram covers video costs for celebs who don’t get political Monday 3:30 PM
- T.I.’s daughter apparently unfollowed her dad on Instagram after hymen comment Monday 3:26 PM
- Meet ByteDance, the Chinese tech company behind TikTok Monday 3:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about investing app Robinhood Monday 2:44 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Seahawks on Monday Night Football Monday 1:43 PM
Free tickets to Nipsey Hussle’s public “Celebration of Life” went within minutes of being available on the AXS website Tuesday morning. The problem is that ticket scalpers were racing the mourning fans trying to get their hands on tickets.
The company is making the tickets non-refundable and exclusive to the mobile app to ensure that they don’t get resold on the secondary market. Craigslist is also doing its part to prevent the reselling of the tickets by removing Hussle memorial service tickets from its website.
Hussle’s memorial service is to be held on Thursday morning at the Staples Center, which can seat up to 21,000 people. The tickets are only available to California residents.
On March 31, Hussel was pronounced dead after being shot multiple times outside of his clothing store in Los Angeles. Tributes have been pouring in for the late rapper and community activist ever since.
A Facebook video posted on Tuesday showed Hussle’s mother sharing some strength and encouraging words for his fans.
“I have perfect peace, and I have strength, and I want to lift you up,” she said in the video. “Please do not stay down, do not stay stuck, do not mourn. Because Nipsey is great … Now he’s even greater because he has no bounds and limits. His energy is everywhere. He’s there with you now and he’s here with me now. And pleased be encouraged.”
Eric Holder has been charged with Hussle’s murder.
The Daily Dot has reached out to AXS for comment.
- Nipsey Hussle’s death prompts remembrances and conspiracy theories
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site
- Logan Paul’s dog was killed by a coyote—and even his biggest rival feels bad
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.