- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Sunday 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 6 for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever Sunday 7:54 AM
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu Sunday 7:00 AM
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Sunday 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Trump posts a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
The “I Like It” singer apparently approached Minaj at the Harper’s Bazaar fete to clear the air about some rumors dealing with Cardi’s infant daughter, Kulture. At one point, according to TMZ, Cardi threw a shoe at Nicki, who apparently remained unfazed.
On Saturday, Cardi took to Instagram to address the altercation head-on. “I’ve let a lot of shit slide,” Cardi said in a text post. “I let you talk big shit about me!! I addressed you once in person, I addressed you a second time in person, and every time you copped the plea!! But when you mention my child, you choose to like comments about me as a mother, make comments about my abilities to take care of my daughter is when all bets are fuckin off!”
This seems to be the culmination of months of simmering tension between the two. Nicki and Cardi have had a beef since at least 2017, when Nicki called out the father of Cardi’s child, Offset, in a verse on “Swish Swish.” Tensions only heightened throughout last year, after the two guested on “Motor Sports” and insisted their respective verses weren’t filled with barbs about each other.
It’s another frustrating viral chapter in the story of rap’s two female titans; regardless of the incredible talent that both Nicki and Cardi have, there’s still so little room at the top for women. Whether the beef started out in earnest or was manufactured by a music industry and media that loves to pit women against each other, it’s leaped from innuendo to real-life punches.
CARDI B AND NICKI MINAJ FIGHT pic.twitter.com/Y3vDRmBwMq
— Mihaela (@mihaeladxl) September 8, 2018
Cardi was apparently escorted out of the party with one shoe and a large bump on her head. Nicki, for her part, hasn’t addressed the altercation.
Ellen Ioanes is the FOIA reporter at the Daily Dot, where she covers U.S. politics. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared in the Guardian, the Center for Public Integrity, HuffPost India, and more.