- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action 11 Months Ago
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die 11 Months Ago
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action 11 Months Ago
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic 11 Months Ago
- How to live stream UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic 11 Months Ago
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Tottenham Hotspur Friday 6:59 PM
- QAnon supporters claim they couldn’t sport Q attire at Trump rally Friday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Southampton vs. Liverpool Friday 4:55 PM
- See when and where your team plays: The 2019 NFL preseason schedule Friday 4:51 PM
- Twitter is testing a feature that would hide offensive DMs you receive Friday 4:19 PM
- How to stream Arsenal vs. Burnley Friday 4:15 PM
- The original ‘Four Weddings and a Funeral’ is now streaming on Netflix Friday 3:33 PM
- 2 anime series are translating the controversial phrase ‘lolicon’ to ‘pedophile’ Friday 3:25 PM
- This Four Loko hard seltzer is basically a meme in a can Friday 2:40 PM
- Pete Buttigieg says he’s not in favor of the DH in baseball Friday 2:40 PM
The “I Like It” singer apparently approached Minaj at the Harper’s Bazaar fete to clear the air about some rumors dealing with Cardi’s infant daughter, Kulture. At one point, according to TMZ, Cardi threw a shoe at Nicki, who apparently remained unfazed.
On Saturday, Cardi took to Instagram to address the altercation head-on. “I’ve let a lot of shit slide,” Cardi said in a text post. “I let you talk big shit about me!! I addressed you once in person, I addressed you a second time in person, and every time you copped the plea!! But when you mention my child, you choose to like comments about me as a mother, make comments about my abilities to take care of my daughter is when all bets are fuckin off!”
This seems to be the culmination of months of simmering tension between the two. Nicki and Cardi have had a beef since at least 2017, when Nicki called out the father of Cardi’s child, Offset, in a verse on “Swish Swish.” Tensions only heightened throughout last year, after the two guested on “Motor Sports” and insisted their respective verses weren’t filled with barbs about each other.
It’s another frustrating viral chapter in the story of rap’s two female titans; regardless of the incredible talent that both Nicki and Cardi have, there’s still so little room at the top for women. Whether the beef started out in earnest or was manufactured by a music industry and media that loves to pit women against each other, it’s leaped from innuendo to real-life punches.
CARDI B AND NICKI MINAJ FIGHT pic.twitter.com/Y3vDRmBwMq— Mihaela (@mihaeladxl) September 8, 2018
Cardi was apparently escorted out of the party with one shoe and a large bump on her head. Nicki, for her part, hasn’t addressed the altercation.
Ellen Ioanes is the FOIA reporter at the Daily Dot, where she covers U.S. politics. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared in the Guardian, the Center for Public Integrity, HuffPost India, and more.