- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford Friday 9:00 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar Friday 6:00 PM
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC Friday 6:00 PM
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Friday 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Friday 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Friday 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Friday 2:00 PM
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Friday 1:42 PM
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Friday 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Friday 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Friday 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Friday 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Friday 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Friday 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Friday 10:52 AM
The “I Like It” singer apparently approached Minaj at the Harper’s Bazaar fete to clear the air about some rumors dealing with Cardi’s infant daughter, Kulture. At one point, according to TMZ, Cardi threw a shoe at Nicki, who apparently remained unfazed.
On Saturday, Cardi took to Instagram to address the altercation head-on. “I’ve let a lot of shit slide,” Cardi said in a text post. “I let you talk big shit about me!! I addressed you once in person, I addressed you a second time in person, and every time you copped the plea!! But when you mention my child, you choose to like comments about me as a mother, make comments about my abilities to take care of my daughter is when all bets are fuckin off!”
This seems to be the culmination of months of simmering tension between the two. Nicki and Cardi have had a beef since at least 2017, when Nicki called out the father of Cardi’s child, Offset, in a verse on “Swish Swish.” Tensions only heightened throughout last year, after the two guested on “Motor Sports” and insisted their respective verses weren’t filled with barbs about each other.
It’s another frustrating viral chapter in the story of rap’s two female titans; regardless of the incredible talent that both Nicki and Cardi have, there’s still so little room at the top for women. Whether the beef started out in earnest or was manufactured by a music industry and media that loves to pit women against each other, it’s leaped from innuendo to real-life punches.
CARDI B AND NICKI MINAJ FIGHT pic.twitter.com/Y3vDRmBwMq— Mihaela (@mihaeladxl) September 8, 2018
Cardi was apparently escorted out of the party with one shoe and a large bump on her head. Nicki, for her part, hasn’t addressed the altercation.
Ellen Ioanes is the FOIA reporter at the Daily Dot, where she covers U.S. politics. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared in the Guardian, the Center for Public Integrity, HuffPost India, and more.