- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo Today 12:22 PM
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Today 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Today 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Today 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Today 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Today 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
Update 9:50am CT, Jan. 16: Swift has confirmed the Jan. 31 release date via Twitter.
Taylor Swift: Miss Americana is set to open the 2020 Sundance Film Festival on Jan. 23, but fortunately, fans won’t have to wait too much longer to see the highly anticipated documentary on Swift for themselves.
Astute fans first spotted the release date for Miss Americana, which was listed as Friday, Jan. 31—just eight days after the world premiere—on the Netflix app Tuesday night. The documentary, which was directed by Lana Wilson, was given a runtime of one hour and 25 minutes.
“In this revealing documentary, Taylor Swift embraces her role as a songwriter and performer—and as a woman harnessing the full power of her voice,” the description reads.
Taylor Swift: Miss Americana will premiere on Netflix on Friday, January 31st according to the Netflix App. pic.twitter.com/uoJ3ZcDXV9— Taylor Swift News (@TSwiftNewsLA) January 14, 2020
Since then, the release date of Miss Americana has been removed from Netflix’s landing page for the documentary. Netflix has yet to release a trailer.
TAYLOR SWIFT: MISS AMERICANA— Netflix Film (@NetflixFilm) December 4, 2019
Dir. Lana Wilson
A raw and emotionally revealing look at one of the most iconic artists of our time as she learns to embrace her role not only as a songwriter and performer, but as a woman harnessing the full power of her voice. pic.twitter.com/ElUuMbmKAS
Swift first revealed back in November that Netflix made a documentary about her life after she alleged that producer Scooter Braun refused to allow the usage of her older music in the film. (Big Machine Records, which owns the masters of Swift’s early music, denied that it was blocking Swift’s Netflix special.) But with the world premiere coming next week, we’ll soon hear what made it into the film.
- Taylor Swift’s ‘hyper-realistic’ cat cake is scaring fans
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed
- The best ways to stream Taylor Swift’s albums
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.