- Kellyanne Conway brushes off recession fears, calls it ‘Sesame Street word of the day’ 7 Months Ago
- Conservatives are livid the New York Times is writing articles about slavery 7 Months Ago
- Iceland holds funeral for first glacier to melt 7 Months Ago
- Nonprofit fanfiction database Archive of Our Own wins a Hugo Today 9:59 AM
- Dan Carlin’s ‘War Remains’ is a stunning VR pop-up Today 9:27 AM
- Your wireless data is probably being throttled, study finds Today 9:25 AM
- Mike Judge’s dystopian comedy ‘Idiocracy’ is now streaming on Netflix Today 8:00 AM
- The 2020 Democratic presidential candidates as La Croix flavors Today 7:00 AM
- Crowdsourcing mental healthcare with 7 Cups Today 7:00 AM
- How to unlock hidden filters and effects for Instagram Stories Today 6:00 AM
- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
Sandra Bullock’s starring role in Netflix’s Bird Box got all the buzz this holiday season. Now the Academy Award-winning actress and streaming platform are teaming up again—this time to bring a comic book to life, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Netflix on Wednesday announced a film based on the comic book Reborn. The comic comes from Millarworld Comics, the same fantasy source that spurred the Kick-Ass series and Kingsman: The Secret Service.
The director of the feature film is Chris McKay, who in the past has directed and produced The Lego Movies and Cartoon Network’s Robot Chicken. Bullock will produce along with Roy Lee and Miri Yoon for Vertigo Entertainment, the production company that helped bring the successful reboot of It back to our nightmares.
Reborn comic creator Mark Millar and Greg Capullo will serve as the film’s executive producers, and Samantha Nisenboim will co-produce.
Netflix bought Millarworld back in 2017 and has been working on bringing a plethora of Millar’s comics to the streaming giant in the form of films and TV series, including Jupiter’s Legacy, American Jesus, Empress, Huck, and Sharkey the Bounty Hunter.
According Netflix’s press release, the Reborn adaptation will be about an 80-year-old woman named Bonnie Black who passes away and finds herself young again in a magical afterlife. In this parallel world, monsters and dragons exist, and good and evil are in a constant battle. She is greeted by all of her old friends and family except for her late husband, leading her on a quest to find him with her father as her sidekick.
It has been speculated that Bullock is also set to star in the film, presumably as the young Bonnie. Netflix declined to comment to the Daily Dot about Bullock’s potential role or an expected release date for the film.
- These people think Sandra Bullock is just ‘the lady from ‘Bird Box’
- You’re about to see a lot more Netflix on your Instagram
- Here’s how to stream all of the 2019 Oscar-nominated films
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.