- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ 9 Months Ago
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Today 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
If you haven’t heard of Bird Box, you might be living under a rock. But if you think Sandra Bullock is just “the lady from Bird Box,” you must be from a different planet.
Getting Bullock for the role had to be a total win for casting, but somehow people don’t recognize her for the legend she is.
“Lady from Bird Box?” You mean the Golden Globe winner from The Blind Side, Miss Congeniality, and Gravity?
People on Twitter are not here for the disrespect.
It really upsets me that people call Sandra Bullock “the lady from Bird Box” she is a QUEEN. You people are uncultured. Bye.— -cammie❤️❤️ (@__cammie120) December 27, 2018
some people: that lady in bird box is...— 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚 (@paulsonsbech) December 27, 2018
Everyone knows Sandra Bullock is not “bird box lady” she’s beauty she’s grace she’s miss United States pic.twitter.com/QV9SQLxn96— Amethyst Rose (@Amethystbby) December 27, 2018
Ironically, on the same day that Bullock was ignorantly dubbed “lady from Bird Box,” she also made USA Today’s list of most bankable stars alongside the likes of Ryan Reynolds and Will Smith. Her average grossing box office earnings? Oh, just $94.5 million.
If you want to check out Bullock’s latest film yourself, Bird Box is currently streaming on Netflix.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.