- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Today 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Today 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Today 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
If you haven’t heard of Bird Box, you might be living under a rock. But if you think Sandra Bullock is just “the lady from Bird Box,” you must be from a different planet.
Getting Bullock for the role had to be a total win for casting, but somehow people don’t recognize her for the legend she is.
“Lady from Bird Box?” You mean the Golden Globe winner from The Blind Side, Miss Congeniality, and Gravity?
People on Twitter are not here for the disrespect.
It really upsets me that people call Sandra Bullock “the lady from Bird Box” she is a QUEEN. You people are uncultured. Bye.— -cammie❤️❤️ (@__cammie120) December 27, 2018
some people: that lady in bird box is...— 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚 (@paulsonsbech) December 27, 2018
Everyone knows Sandra Bullock is not “bird box lady” she’s beauty she’s grace she’s miss United States pic.twitter.com/QV9SQLxn96— Amethyst Rose (@Amethystbby) December 27, 2018
Ironically, on the same day that Bullock was ignorantly dubbed “lady from Bird Box,” she also made USA Today’s list of most bankable stars alongside the likes of Ryan Reynolds and Will Smith. Her average grossing box office earnings? Oh, just $94.5 million.
If you want to check out Bullock’s latest film yourself, Bird Box is currently streaming on Netflix.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.