- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges 1 Year Ago
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story 1 Year Ago
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name 1 Year Ago
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Today 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Today 3:29 PM
- Microsoft developing voice filters to block ‘toxic’ users on Xbox Live Today 3:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston already has 2 million followers on Instagram Today 3:25 PM
- Why facials oils are a must for your winter skincare routine Today 3:20 PM
- Father of mega-popular Ace Family YouTube channel accused of rape Today 1:59 PM
- This Italian town ‘banned’ Google Maps after people kept getting lost Today 1:31 PM
- Fornite emerges from black hole with Chapter 2 Today 1:21 PM
- Everything Google announced at today’s Pixel event Today 1:12 PM
- Netflix sued over line about interrogation technique in ‘When They See Us’ Today 12:52 PM
- Twitch streamer says racist trolls got her banned for ‘suggestive’ outfit Today 12:47 PM
- Everything you need to know about Google’s new Pixel phones Today 12:47 PM
It was reported late Friday night that NBC picked up the show for its sixth season, leading to plenty of joy and relief on the internet, especially after a variety of streaming sites thought about picking up but ultimately did not.
The internet, though, was stoked.
Hey everyone, just wanted to say no big deal but....— Dan Goor (@djgoor) May 12, 2018
NBC JUST PICKED #BROOKLYN99 UP FOR SEASON 6!!!
Thanks in no small part to you, the best fans in the history of the world!
Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Season 6. NBC. pic.twitter.com/ezW4ejgxGL— Ken Tremendous (@KenTremendous) May 12, 2018
SQUAD YOU DID IT #BROOKLYN99 WILL BE ON NBC FOR OUR 6th SEASON!— Stephanie Beatriz (@iamstephbeatz) May 12, 2018
#Brooklyn99 IS COMING BACK FOR SEASON 6 YOU GUYS ON NBC!!!!! You did this!! You got loud and you were heard and you saved our show!! Thank you!! Thank you to NBC!! NINE NINE!!!!! pic.twitter.com/cTycfF4FoR— Melissa Fumero (@melissafumero) May 12, 2018
YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS? WE GET MORE PERALTIAGO (MARRIED LIFE, AMY BEING PREGNANT), BISEXUAL ROSA DATING MORE MEN AND WOMEN, MORE GINA BEING SAVAGE, MORE HOLT BEING HOLT, MORE CHARLES AND JAKE FRIENDSHIP, MORE AMY/ROSA/GINA FRIENDSHIP, MORE TERRY JEFFORDS #BROOKLYN99— rach || WE LOVE NBC || #savelucifer (@fumerosmelissa) May 12, 2018
“Ever since we sold this show to Fox, I’ve regretted letting it get away, and it’s high time it came back to its rightful home,” NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt said in a statement. “Mike Schur, Dan Goor, and Andy Samberg grew up on NBC, and we’re all thrilled that one of the smartest, funniest, and best cast comedies in a long time will take its place in our comedy lineup.”
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.