- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed 1 Year Ago
- Stephen A. Smith is baby 1 Year Ago
- Tfue releases statement on FaZe Clan lawsuit, says his contract is ‘f*cked’ 1 Year Ago
- People are using an app to out gropers on Japan’s subway Today 11:24 AM
- Trump misspelled ‘accomplishments’ on handwritten notes, photo shows Today 11:12 AM
- HUD proposal would allow homeless shelters to refuse trans people Today 10:44 AM
- Disney’s ‘Aladdin’ remake isn’t terrible Today 10:11 AM
- Police under investigation after running over 1-year-old child Today 9:16 AM
- Who is Jannah, the breakout star of ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’? Today 9:10 AM
- Trump revives his ‘dumb as a rock’ insult for Rex Tillerson Today 9:03 AM
- Forget Hot Jafar. All hail Fat Ursula Today 8:14 AM
- How to watch ‘The Affair’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- Olivia Wilde’s ‘Booksmart’ is a teen comedy that will actually age well Today 7:45 AM
- Conservative rising star Kyle Kashuv busted using the N-word a whole bunch Today 7:14 AM
- How to watch ‘The Name of the Rose’ for free Today 7:00 AM
It was reported late Friday night that NBC picked up the show for its sixth season, leading to plenty of joy and relief on the internet, especially after a variety of streaming sites thought about picking up but ultimately did not.
The internet, though, was stoked.
Hey everyone, just wanted to say no big deal but….
NBC JUST PICKED #BROOKLYN99 UP FOR SEASON 6!!!
Thanks in no small part to you, the best fans in the history of the world!
— Dan Goor (@djgoor) May 12, 2018
Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Season 6. NBC. pic.twitter.com/ezW4ejgxGL
— Ken Tremendous (@KenTremendous) May 12, 2018
SQUAD YOU DID IT #BROOKLYN99 WILL BE ON NBC FOR OUR 6th SEASON!
— Stephanie Beatriz (@iamstephbeatz) May 12, 2018
#Brooklyn99 IS COMING BACK FOR SEASON 6 YOU GUYS ON NBC!!!!! You did this!! You got loud and you were heard and you saved our show!! Thank you!! Thank you to NBC!! NINE NINE!!!!! pic.twitter.com/cTycfF4FoR
— Melissa Fumero (@melissafumero) May 12, 2018
— Mo Ryan (@moryan) May 12, 2018
YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS? WE GET MORE PERALTIAGO (MARRIED LIFE, AMY BEING PREGNANT), BISEXUAL ROSA DATING MORE MEN AND WOMEN, MORE GINA BEING SAVAGE, MORE HOLT BEING HOLT, MORE CHARLES AND JAKE FRIENDSHIP, MORE AMY/ROSA/GINA FRIENDSHIP, MORE TERRY JEFFORDS #BROOKLYN99
— rach || WE LOVE NBC || #savelucifer (@fumerosmelissa) May 12, 2018
— Dan Snierson (@dansnierson) May 12, 2018
“Ever since we sold this show to Fox, I’ve regretted letting it get away, and it’s high time it came back to its rightful home,” NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt said in a statement. “Mike Schur, Dan Goor, and Andy Samberg grew up on NBC, and we’re all thrilled that one of the smartest, funniest, and best cast comedies in a long time will take its place in our comedy lineup.”
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.