- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
It was reported late Friday night that NBC picked up the show for its sixth season, leading to plenty of joy and relief on the internet, especially after a variety of streaming sites thought about picking up but ultimately did not.
The internet, though, was stoked.
Hey everyone, just wanted to say no big deal but....— Dan Goor (@djgoor) May 12, 2018
NBC JUST PICKED #BROOKLYN99 UP FOR SEASON 6!!!
Thanks in no small part to you, the best fans in the history of the world!
Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Season 6. NBC. pic.twitter.com/ezW4ejgxGL— Ken Tremendous (@KenTremendous) May 12, 2018
SQUAD YOU DID IT #BROOKLYN99 WILL BE ON NBC FOR OUR 6th SEASON!— Stephanie Beatriz (@iamstephbeatz) May 12, 2018
#Brooklyn99 IS COMING BACK FOR SEASON 6 YOU GUYS ON NBC!!!!! You did this!! You got loud and you were heard and you saved our show!! Thank you!! Thank you to NBC!! NINE NINE!!!!! pic.twitter.com/cTycfF4FoR— Melissa Fumero (@melissafumero) May 12, 2018
YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS? WE GET MORE PERALTIAGO (MARRIED LIFE, AMY BEING PREGNANT), BISEXUAL ROSA DATING MORE MEN AND WOMEN, MORE GINA BEING SAVAGE, MORE HOLT BEING HOLT, MORE CHARLES AND JAKE FRIENDSHIP, MORE AMY/ROSA/GINA FRIENDSHIP, MORE TERRY JEFFORDS #BROOKLYN99— rach || WE LOVE NBC || #savelucifer (@fumerosmelissa) May 12, 2018
“Ever since we sold this show to Fox, I’ve regretted letting it get away, and it’s high time it came back to its rightful home,” NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt said in a statement. “Mike Schur, Dan Goor, and Andy Samberg grew up on NBC, and we’re all thrilled that one of the smartest, funniest, and best cast comedies in a long time will take its place in our comedy lineup.”
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.