- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Friday 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Friday 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Friday 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Friday 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Friday 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Friday 10:36 AM
- Trans student nominated for prom king told by administration to run for queen Friday 10:07 AM
- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network Friday 8:56 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for less than $1 Friday 8:34 AM
It was reported late Friday night that NBC picked up the show for its sixth season, leading to plenty of joy and relief on the internet, especially after a variety of streaming sites thought about picking up but ultimately did not.
The internet, though, was stoked.
Hey everyone, just wanted to say no big deal but….
NBC JUST PICKED #BROOKLYN99 UP FOR SEASON 6!!!
Thanks in no small part to you, the best fans in the history of the world!
— Dan Goor (@djgoor) May 12, 2018
Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Season 6. NBC. pic.twitter.com/ezW4ejgxGL
— Ken Tremendous (@KenTremendous) May 12, 2018
SQUAD YOU DID IT #BROOKLYN99 WILL BE ON NBC FOR OUR 6th SEASON!
— Stephanie Beatriz (@iamstephbeatz) May 12, 2018
#Brooklyn99 IS COMING BACK FOR SEASON 6 YOU GUYS ON NBC!!!!! You did this!! You got loud and you were heard and you saved our show!! Thank you!! Thank you to NBC!! NINE NINE!!!!! pic.twitter.com/cTycfF4FoR
— Melissa Fumero (@melissafumero) May 12, 2018
— Mo Ryan (@moryan) May 12, 2018
YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS? WE GET MORE PERALTIAGO (MARRIED LIFE, AMY BEING PREGNANT), BISEXUAL ROSA DATING MORE MEN AND WOMEN, MORE GINA BEING SAVAGE, MORE HOLT BEING HOLT, MORE CHARLES AND JAKE FRIENDSHIP, MORE AMY/ROSA/GINA FRIENDSHIP, MORE TERRY JEFFORDS #BROOKLYN99
— rach || WE LOVE NBC || #savelucifer (@fumerosmelissa) May 12, 2018
— Dan Snierson (@dansnierson) May 12, 2018
“Ever since we sold this show to Fox, I’ve regretted letting it get away, and it’s high time it came back to its rightful home,” NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt said in a statement. “Mike Schur, Dan Goor, and Andy Samberg grew up on NBC, and we’re all thrilled that one of the smartest, funniest, and best cast comedies in a long time will take its place in our comedy lineup.”
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.