- Inside the pornographic video game that took Kickstarter by storm 2 Months Ago
- Why everyone wants to debate AOC, and no one wants to debate Ilhan Omar 2 Months Ago
- How to watch the Trvl Channel online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Are we going to get a ‘Community’ movie on Netflix? Sunday 2:46 PM
- Social networking site Ravelry bans all posts that are supportive of Trump and his administration Sunday 2:07 PM
- YouTube is testing hiding its comments section Sunday 1:23 PM
- Think you have what it takes to be Beyoncé’s assistant for the day? Sunday 1:02 PM
- Facebook co-founder warns against Libra, the company’s new cryptocurrency Sunday 12:04 PM
- Missing YouTuber Etika’s belongings found alongside bridge Sunday 9:16 AM
- What is #sayfie and why do Floridians use it so much? Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch WWE Stomping Grounds for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Trump tweets nightmarish video of himself being president ‘4EVA’ Saturday 3:15 PM
- The internet cannot believe how this zoo conducts its ‘escaped lion drill’ Saturday 1:39 PM
- Spotify wants to take back money from ‘overpaid’ songwriters, publishers Saturday 12:35 PM
- Mac from ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’ finally got to play catch with Chase Utley Saturday 11:23 AM
Esports fans got more than they bargained for late Wednesday when a brawl broke out during an NBA 2K match.
The fight broke out between players from Hawks Talon and Celtics Crossover after an upset win by the Talons. After a Celtics player shoved someone from the other team, things got heated, and the situation had to be diffused by league staff. Clips of the brawl quickly began circulating online.
Celtics player Albano Thomallari shoved Randolph Moreno, from the Talons. When the teams gathered to shake hands after the match, Thomillari, who goes by oFAB when gaming, refused to shake Moreno’s hand. He then turned and pushed Moreno—who also goes by Rando—prompting teammates and league staff to intervene.
The NBA 2k League
The NBA 2k League is the gaming branch of the NBA. All 21 teams are officially associated with a particular franchise in the NBA, which is why their names may look familiar. Each match is streamed to Twitch, where fans can gather to watch teams compete at the NBA 2k League studio. Each match has five players per team, and thousands of fans tune in to watch.
The Celtics made their league debut in 2018, where they placed ninth. This year was the Talons’ first and their first match of the season. The Talons won, 68-58.
The players have made little mention of the brawl online. No discipline is expected from the league, and there have been no announcements that any players or league staff were injured.
- Twitch streamer accidentally goes topless—and men are mad at her light punishment
- Twitch streamer sweetsaltypeach banned after baking in shorts
- Twitch star uses record-breaking live stream to pop the question
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.