- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate 4 Months Ago
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
Esports fans got more than they bargained for late Wednesday when a brawl broke out during an NBA 2K match.
The fight broke out between players from Hawks Talon and Celtics Crossover after an upset win by the Talons. After a Celtics player shoved someone from the other team, things got heated, and the situation had to be diffused by league staff. Clips of the brawl quickly began circulating online.
Celtics player Albano Thomallari shoved Randolph Moreno, from the Talons. When the teams gathered to shake hands after the match, Thomillari, who goes by oFAB when gaming, refused to shake Moreno’s hand. He then turned and pushed Moreno—who also goes by Rando—prompting teammates and league staff to intervene.
The NBA 2k League
The NBA 2k League is the gaming branch of the NBA. All 21 teams are officially associated with a particular franchise in the NBA, which is why their names may look familiar. Each match is streamed to Twitch, where fans can gather to watch teams compete at the NBA 2k League studio. Each match has five players per team, and thousands of fans tune in to watch.
The Celtics made their league debut in 2018, where they placed ninth. This year was the Talons’ first and their first match of the season. The Talons won, 68-58.
The players have made little mention of the brawl online. No discipline is expected from the league, and there have been no announcements that any players or league staff were injured.
- Twitch streamer accidentally goes topless—and men are mad at her light punishment
- Twitch streamer sweetsaltypeach banned after baking in shorts
- Twitch star uses record-breaking live stream to pop the question
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.