- ‘Bachelor’ contestant apologizes for ‘White Lives Matter’ photo shoot Today 12:13 AM
- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ sets box office record for video game movies Sunday 8:15 PM
- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Sunday 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Sunday 12:10 PM
- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death Sunday 10:59 AM
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Sunday 10:16 AM
- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Sunday 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Sunday 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
Comedian Mohammed Amer was given some great material on a recent flight, courtesy of surprise seatmate Eric Trump.
The Muslim-American comedian posted to Facebook on Nov. 30, claiming he was “randomly” chosen to sit next to Donald Trump‘s son on a United flight to Scotland. “Good news guys Muslims will not have to check in and get IDs. That’s what I was told,” he commented.
Amer, who was born in Palestine but raised in Houston and is part of the comedy trio Allah Made Me Funny, was heading to Scotland to start a U.K. tour. He told BuzzFeed he couldn’t believe this was reality: “Is this a setup? I mean, I’m an Arab-Palestinian, everything is a conspiracy, right?”
He also said he asked Trump about his father’s plan to create a U.S. Muslim registry, and his alleged response is pretty chilling: “You can’t believe everything you read. Do you really think we’re gonna do that?” Amer’s 2015 standup special, Legally Homeless, addressed immigration, racial stereotypes, and identity.
According to an interview with Quartz, Trump also asked Amer to tell Dave Chappelle to “take it easy” with jokes about his family, perhaps in reference to Chappelle’s recent SNL monologue. Amer replied, “It’s our job essentially to scrutinize the king.” (Amer has also opened for Chappelle.)
Trump reportedly ordered a pork chop but never ate it because he fell asleep.
We’ve reached out to Amer for comment.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.