- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Today 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Today 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Today 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Today 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Today 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Today 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Today 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Today 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Today 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Today 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Today 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Today 8:16 AM
- Studio Ghibli films are coming to Netflix—but not for Americans Today 8:13 AM
- Brad Pitt clutching Jennifer Aniston’s hand sparks all the rumors Today 7:47 AM
- The man who sold shares of himself on the internet Today 7:00 AM
Who is Millie Bobby Brown? Apparently a lot of people were wondering this year.
Brown, who plays Eleven on Netflix hit Stranger Things, made IMDb‘s list of most viewed celebrities this year, coming in at No. 3 after Game of Thrones‘ Emilia Clarke (No. 2) and Suicide Squad‘s Margot Robbie (No. 1). Internet-breaker Tom Hardy and Deadpool star Morena Baccarin made the top 5.
Brown also topped IMDb’s list of breakout stars, based on weekly views over the year. Haley Bennett, Tom Holland, Brie Larson, and Stranger Things co-star Natalia Dyer rounded out the top 5.
Season 2 of Stranger Things is set to debut in 2017, but Brown’s IMDb credits will no doubt expand beyond the series in the next few years. Keith Simanton, IMDb’s senior film critic, noted of the female-heavy top 10 most-viewed list:
“These actresses are portraying remarkable female characters at the center of movie action this year, often protagonists in genres where women just didn’t excel before: action, comic books, and sci-fi.”
Here’s the full list:
1) Margot Robbie
2) Emilia Clarke
3) Millie Bobby Brown
4) Tom Hardy
5) Morena Baccarin
6) Gal Gadot
7) Alicia Vikander
8) Daisy Ridley
9) Haley Bennett
10) Leonardo DiCaprio
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.