- George Zimmerman is looking for ‘carefree fun’ on Tinder 2 Years Ago
- Trump responds with a ‘Game of Thrones’ meme to the Mueller report 2 Years Ago
- A new tool lets you track candidate spending on Facebook—and Trump is crushing Democrats Today 8:59 AM
- George Lucas helped direct ‘Game of Thrones’—and he’s not a Jon Snow fan Today 8:05 AM
- Conspiracy theorists got me suspended from Twitter—and now I understand them better Today 7:29 AM
- What is the Golden Company, Cersei’s new mercenary army? Today 7:00 AM
- The ultimate cord-cutting guide for sports fans Today 6:53 AM
- ‘Little Teeth’ is a tribute to 20-something queer growing pains Today 6:30 AM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in May 2019 Today 5:30 AM
- Beyoncé’s ‘Lemonade’ is finally coming to Spotify, Apple Music Wednesday 8:48 PM
- Ubisoft is offering Assassin’s Creed Unity for free to support Notre Dame Wednesday 8:25 PM
- Are teens really eating foods with the ‘shells on’ for a new viral challenge? Wednesday 6:39 PM
- The new Samsung Galaxy Fold already seems to be falling apart Wednesday 4:17 PM
- Think the ‘Game of Thrones’ spirals are all connected? Think again Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Rudy Giuliani retweets prominent QAnon supporter Wednesday 2:03 PM
Margot Robbie, Millie Bobby Brown, and Emilia Clarke are IMDb’s most viewed celebs
Who is Millie Bobby Brown? Apparently a lot of people were wondering this year.
Brown, who plays Eleven on Netflix hit Stranger Things, made IMDb‘s list of most viewed celebrities this year, coming in at No. 3 after Game of Thrones‘ Emilia Clarke (No. 2) and Suicide Squad‘s Margot Robbie (No. 1). Internet-breaker Tom Hardy and Deadpool star Morena Baccarin made the top 5.
Brown also topped IMDb’s list of breakout stars, based on weekly views over the year. Haley Bennett, Tom Holland, Brie Larson, and Stranger Things co-star Natalia Dyer rounded out the top 5.
Season 2 of Stranger Things is set to debut in 2017, but Brown’s IMDb credits will no doubt expand beyond the series in the next few years. Keith Simanton, IMDb’s senior film critic, noted of the female-heavy top 10 most-viewed list:
“These actresses are portraying remarkable female characters at the center of movie action this year, often protagonists in genres where women just didn’t excel before: action, comic books, and sci-fi.”
Here’s the full list:
1) Margot Robbie
2) Emilia Clarke
3) Millie Bobby Brown
4) Tom Hardy
5) Morena Baccarin
6) Gal Gadot
7) Alicia Vikander
8) Daisy Ridley
9) Haley Bennett
10) Leonardo DiCaprio
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.