- Forever 21 put a white model in its Wakanda sweater 3 Months Ago
- People are not feeling Will Smith’s Genie look in the ‘Aladdin’ remake 3 Months Ago
- Rudy Giuliani really wants James Comey to become a verb Today 9:22 AM
- Facebook shared your DMs with tech giants like Netflix and Spotify (updated) Today 9:21 AM
- These very awkward Fortnite PSAs tell kids they can be winners by ditching their Juuls Today 8:52 AM
- Blind worm that keeps its head in the sand named after Trump Today 8:35 AM
- How to watch Bayern Munich vs. RB Leipzig online for free Today 8:12 AM
- Why Gritty was one of the most popular memes of 2018 Today 7:00 AM
- Kelly Sue DeConnick explores the mythic sensibility of her new Aquaman comic Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the History Channel online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Why the Senate’s First Step Act isn’t true criminal justice reform Today 5:30 AM
- Mom calls cops on son who can’t get ready for school on time Tuesday 11:19 PM
- Tinder exec fired after involvement in lawsuit alleging sexual assault Tuesday 10:48 PM
- Woman matches on Tinder with LaCroix thief—and his victim Tuesday 7:38 PM
- U.K. police will have to disclose documents about WikiLeaks journalists Tuesday 6:37 PM
Millie Bobby Brown, the 14-year-old actress known for her role in Stranger Things, addressed her friendship with Drake on Thursday, responding to concerns over what many feel is an inappropriate age gap between the two celebs.
“Why u gotta make a lovely friendship ur headline?” Brown wrote in an Instagram Story along with a photo of her and Drake. “U guys are weird… For real.”
She went on to explain that sees Drake, who’s 31, as a mentor and colleague.
“I’m lucky to have people in the business extend their time to help me further my career and offer their wisdom and guidance,” she said. “I’m very blessed to have amazing people in my life. U don’t get to choose that for me.”
Millie Bobby Brown Addresses Her Friendship w/ Drake pic.twitter.com/EVotpknup8
— Karen Civil (@KarenCivil) September 20, 2018
Brown previously spoke about her friendship with the “In Your Feelings” rapper on the Emmy Awards red carpet. She said they frequently exchange text messages and that he offers her boy advice.
“I love him,” she said. “I met him in Australia and he’s honestly so fantastic, and a great friend, a great role model. We text—we just texted each other the other day and he was like ‘I miss you so much,’ and I was like ‘I miss you more.’”
Following her comments, people on social media questioned Drake’s motives behind befriending Brown.
this shit is NOT okay. it’s GROOMING. it is outright predatorial behavior esp w/the other ways Drake has been showing his disgusting ass
— 가시나무 (queereanfemme) (@jasminshere) September 18, 2018
But in her Instagram story, Brown directed concerned onlookers to focus on “real problems” rather than who she considers her friends. She told Access Hollywood at the Emmy Awards that she’ll be seeing Drake next time he’s in Atlanta.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.