- Actress slammed for ‘acid attack-face’ TikTok challenge 1 Year Ago
- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
Millie Bobby Brown, the 14-year-old actress known for her role in Stranger Things, addressed her friendship with Drake on Thursday, responding to concerns over what many feel is an inappropriate age gap between the two celebs.
“Why u gotta make a lovely friendship ur headline?” Brown wrote in an Instagram Story along with a photo of her and Drake. “U guys are weird… For real.”
She went on to explain that sees Drake, who’s 31, as a mentor and colleague.
“I’m lucky to have people in the business extend their time to help me further my career and offer their wisdom and guidance,” she said. “I’m very blessed to have amazing people in my life. U don’t get to choose that for me.”
Millie Bobby Brown Addresses Her Friendship w/ Drake pic.twitter.com/EVotpknup8— Karen Civil (@KarenCivil) September 20, 2018
Brown previously spoke about her friendship with the “In Your Feelings” rapper on the Emmy Awards red carpet. She said they frequently exchange text messages and that he offers her boy advice.
“I love him,” she said. “I met him in Australia and he’s honestly so fantastic, and a great friend, a great role model. We text—we just texted each other the other day and he was like ‘I miss you so much,’ and I was like ‘I miss you more.’”
Following her comments, people on social media questioned Drake’s motives behind befriending Brown.
https://t.co/FJr7oikNid— 가시나무 (queereanfemme) (@jasminshere) September 18, 2018
this shit is NOT okay. it’s GROOMING. it is outright predatorial behavior esp w/the other ways Drake has been showing his disgusting ass
But in her Instagram story, Brown directed concerned onlookers to focus on “real problems” rather than who she considers her friends. She told Access Hollywood at the Emmy Awards that she’ll be seeing Drake next time he’s in Atlanta.
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.