- Instagram to restrict posts promoting diet culture and plastic surgery Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening Wednesday 5:32 PM
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Wednesday 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Wednesday 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Wednesday 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Wednesday 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Wednesday 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Wednesday 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Wednesday 12:55 PM
- Marvel just turned Goldballs into one of the most powerful X-Men Wednesday 12:33 PM
Millie Bobby Brown, the 14-year-old actress known for her role in Stranger Things, addressed her friendship with Drake on Thursday, responding to concerns over what many feel is an inappropriate age gap between the two celebs.
“Why u gotta make a lovely friendship ur headline?” Brown wrote in an Instagram Story along with a photo of her and Drake. “U guys are weird… For real.”
She went on to explain that sees Drake, who’s 31, as a mentor and colleague.
“I’m lucky to have people in the business extend their time to help me further my career and offer their wisdom and guidance,” she said. “I’m very blessed to have amazing people in my life. U don’t get to choose that for me.”
Millie Bobby Brown Addresses Her Friendship w/ Drake pic.twitter.com/EVotpknup8— Karen Civil (@KarenCivil) September 20, 2018
Brown previously spoke about her friendship with the “In Your Feelings” rapper on the Emmy Awards red carpet. She said they frequently exchange text messages and that he offers her boy advice.
“I love him,” she said. “I met him in Australia and he’s honestly so fantastic, and a great friend, a great role model. We text—we just texted each other the other day and he was like ‘I miss you so much,’ and I was like ‘I miss you more.’”
Following her comments, people on social media questioned Drake’s motives behind befriending Brown.
https://t.co/FJr7oikNid— 가시나무 (queereanfemme) (@jasminshere) September 18, 2018
this shit is NOT okay. it’s GROOMING. it is outright predatorial behavior esp w/the other ways Drake has been showing his disgusting ass
But in her Instagram story, Brown directed concerned onlookers to focus on “real problems” rather than who she considers her friends. She told Access Hollywood at the Emmy Awards that she’ll be seeing Drake next time he’s in Atlanta.
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.