- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Monday 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Monday 11:32 AM
Millie Bobby Brown, the 14-year-old actress known for her role in Stranger Things, addressed her friendship with Drake on Thursday, responding to concerns over what many feel is an inappropriate age gap between the two celebs.
“Why u gotta make a lovely friendship ur headline?” Brown wrote in an Instagram Story along with a photo of her and Drake. “U guys are weird… For real.”
She went on to explain that sees Drake, who’s 31, as a mentor and colleague.
“I’m lucky to have people in the business extend their time to help me further my career and offer their wisdom and guidance,” she said. “I’m very blessed to have amazing people in my life. U don’t get to choose that for me.”
Millie Bobby Brown Addresses Her Friendship w/ Drake pic.twitter.com/EVotpknup8— Karen Civil (@KarenCivil) September 20, 2018
Brown previously spoke about her friendship with the “In Your Feelings” rapper on the Emmy Awards red carpet. She said they frequently exchange text messages and that he offers her boy advice.
“I love him,” she said. “I met him in Australia and he’s honestly so fantastic, and a great friend, a great role model. We text—we just texted each other the other day and he was like ‘I miss you so much,’ and I was like ‘I miss you more.’”
Following her comments, people on social media questioned Drake’s motives behind befriending Brown.
https://t.co/FJr7oikNid— 가시나무 (queereanfemme) (@jasminshere) September 18, 2018
this shit is NOT okay. it’s GROOMING. it is outright predatorial behavior esp w/the other ways Drake has been showing his disgusting ass
But in her Instagram story, Brown directed concerned onlookers to focus on “real problems” rather than who she considers her friends. She told Access Hollywood at the Emmy Awards that she’ll be seeing Drake next time he’s in Atlanta.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.