- The giant battle episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ is nearly here Sunday 10:12 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ finally revealed the Night King’s endgame Sunday 9:53 PM
- Sri Lankan government shuts down social media in wake of deadly blasts Sunday 7:56 PM
- Amazon Flex drivers now must use selfies to verify identity Sunday 6:34 PM
- #GentrifyingGeorge thinks 152-year-old HBCU should ‘just move’ Sunday 5:27 PM
- Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online (updated) Sunday 3:32 PM
- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Sunday 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Sunday 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
Millie Bobby Brown, the 14-year-old actress known for her role in Stranger Things, addressed her friendship with Drake on Thursday, responding to concerns over what many feel is an inappropriate age gap between the two celebs.
“Why u gotta make a lovely friendship ur headline?” Brown wrote in an Instagram Story along with a photo of her and Drake. “U guys are weird… For real.”
She went on to explain that sees Drake, who’s 31, as a mentor and colleague.
“I’m lucky to have people in the business extend their time to help me further my career and offer their wisdom and guidance,” she said. “I’m very blessed to have amazing people in my life. U don’t get to choose that for me.”
Millie Bobby Brown Addresses Her Friendship w/ Drake pic.twitter.com/EVotpknup8
— Karen Civil (@KarenCivil) September 20, 2018
Brown previously spoke about her friendship with the “In Your Feelings” rapper on the Emmy Awards red carpet. She said they frequently exchange text messages and that he offers her boy advice.
“I love him,” she said. “I met him in Australia and he’s honestly so fantastic, and a great friend, a great role model. We text—we just texted each other the other day and he was like ‘I miss you so much,’ and I was like ‘I miss you more.’”
Following her comments, people on social media questioned Drake’s motives behind befriending Brown.
this shit is NOT okay. it’s GROOMING. it is outright predatorial behavior esp w/the other ways Drake has been showing his disgusting ass
— 가시나무 (queereanfemme) (@jasminshere) September 18, 2018
But in her Instagram story, Brown directed concerned onlookers to focus on “real problems” rather than who she considers her friends. She told Access Hollywood at the Emmy Awards that she’ll be seeing Drake next time he’s in Atlanta.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.