- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
Khloé Kardashian shared a wholly relatable photo of her daughter True Thompson and niece Chicago West feasting on Cheetos and Veggie Straws while on vacation in the Bahamas, but the caption she wrote to accompany the photo has angered many. In the caption, Kardashian imagines a conversation between the 1-year-olds that includes concerns about calorie counting.
“Chi: I heard my mama say ‘vacation calories don’t count’ True: Don’t tell me twice Chi,” Kardashian wrote.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Khloé (@khloekardashian) on
Many are accusing the 35-year-old of teaching “toxic diet culture” to her baby girl and niece, both of whom are toddlers. They also cautioned her against calorie-counting conversations involving her daughter, even if only in jest.
“Calories and children do not need to be in the same sentence even if it’s a joke,” one user cautioned.
Are you introducing diet culture to your infant child? Don't do that!— Shelby Petersen (@shelbypetersen) August 19, 2019
Calories and children do not need to be in the same sentence even if it’s a joke— Chancy With AIH & Mental Health (@SOCIALLYCRUSHED) August 19, 2019
hey not trying to be a bitch and i completely understand this is a joke, but even things said in passing can have massive affect on young minds. be careful what you’re teaching! counting calories is rarely a healthy thing, if ever! ❤️— cam (@pinktanos) August 19, 2019
But others simply laughed off the caption, pointing to the fact that it was obviously a joke.
“People need to take a chill pill. Obviously this is a joke. She is having fun with her kid and niece. Leave well alone. She is not promoting calorie counting for kids. Personally I think this is too cute because if they could talk you know they would be saying this,” one fan wrote.
People need to take a chill pill. Obviously this is a joke. She is having fun with her kid and niece. Leave well alone. She is not promoting calorie counting for kids. Personally I think this is to cute because if they could talk you know they would be saing this.😂💖😂💖— Mary C (@MKCampion) August 20, 2019
Ultimately, fans agree that Thompson sipping on her drink while in the Bahamas is the ultimate summer mood–even as the summer comes to an end.
MOOOOD pic.twitter.com/angscWdsxL— cinnamon girl (@kaelizzl) August 19, 2019
- Black women are fed up with Khloe Kardashian’s tweets about Jordyn Woods
- Kylie Jenner posts Instagram of car parked in handicap spot
- Kylie Jenner’s ‘Handmaid’s Tale’-themed party is not going over well
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.