- Actor Amanda Seales pushes back on #FreeRodneyReed movement Monday 10:58 PM
- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Monday 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Monday 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Monday 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Monday 12:22 PM
Khloé Kardashian shared a wholly relatable photo of her daughter True Thompson and niece Chicago West feasting on Cheetos and Veggie Straws while on vacation in the Bahamas, but the caption she wrote to accompany the photo has angered many. In the caption, Kardashian imagines a conversation between the 1-year-olds that includes concerns about calorie counting.
“Chi: I heard my mama say ‘vacation calories don’t count’ True: Don’t tell me twice Chi,” Kardashian wrote.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Khloé (@khloekardashian) on
Many are accusing the 35-year-old of teaching “toxic diet culture” to her baby girl and niece, both of whom are toddlers. They also cautioned her against calorie-counting conversations involving her daughter, even if only in jest.
“Calories and children do not need to be in the same sentence even if it’s a joke,” one user cautioned.
Are you introducing diet culture to your infant child? Don't do that!— Shelby Petersen (@shelbypetersen) August 19, 2019
Calories and children do not need to be in the same sentence even if it’s a joke— Chancy With AIH & Mental Health (@SOCIALLYCRUSHED) August 19, 2019
hey not trying to be a bitch and i completely understand this is a joke, but even things said in passing can have massive affect on young minds. be careful what you’re teaching! counting calories is rarely a healthy thing, if ever! ❤️— cam (@pinktanos) August 19, 2019
But others simply laughed off the caption, pointing to the fact that it was obviously a joke.
“People need to take a chill pill. Obviously this is a joke. She is having fun with her kid and niece. Leave well alone. She is not promoting calorie counting for kids. Personally I think this is too cute because if they could talk you know they would be saying this,” one fan wrote.
People need to take a chill pill. Obviously this is a joke. She is having fun with her kid and niece. Leave well alone. She is not promoting calorie counting for kids. Personally I think this is to cute because if they could talk you know they would be saing this.😂💖😂💖— Mary C (@MKCampion) August 20, 2019
Ultimately, fans agree that Thompson sipping on her drink while in the Bahamas is the ultimate summer mood–even as the summer comes to an end.
MOOOOD pic.twitter.com/angscWdsxL— cinnamon girl (@kaelizzl) August 19, 2019
- Black women are fed up with Khloe Kardashian’s tweets about Jordyn Woods
- Kylie Jenner posts Instagram of car parked in handicap spot
- Kylie Jenner’s ‘Handmaid’s Tale’-themed party is not going over well
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.