- Maine governor signs net neutrality bill into law 4 Weeks Ago
- How the QAnon movement continues without its messenger Today 8:26 AM
- 6 best Korean beauty products for summer Today 8:17 AM
- ‘The Office’ is leaving Netflix in 2021 Today 7:46 AM
- How to install the iOS 13 beta and test out its best new features Today 7:42 AM
- Swipe This! I want my boyfriend to text me everyday. Is that crazy? Today 7:30 AM
- Why every 2020 Democrat is canceled Today 7:01 AM
- The best LGBTQ movies and series on Amazon Prime Today 7:00 AM
- The easiest way to stream all the soccer you can handle Today 6:00 AM
- Facebook refused to take down this blackface page for 4 months Today 5:30 AM
- Tom Holland rescues fan getting squashed by autograph hounds Tuesday 7:14 PM
- What is incel ‘Chadfishing’? Tuesday 6:36 PM
- Facebook to give France data on users suspected of hate speech Tuesday 5:29 PM
- This 89-year-old man is stunned by all the technology around him—in 1930 Tuesday 5:21 PM
- Wayfair refuses to stop furnishing migrant detention centers Tuesday 4:48 PM
Cara Delevingne and Ashley Benson’s sex furniture gives new meaning to ‘bench warmer’
There are quiet ways to begin Pride Month. Then there’s buying a sex bench and hauling it into your home in the presence of paparazzi.
After photos floated around showing Pretty Little Liars’ Ashley Benson and model Cara Delevingne doing just that on Wednesday, people on Twitter joked it was the best way to kick off Pride, which starts in June.
Delevingne and Benson “carrying a sex swing into their apartment is the official marker of the beginning of Pride Month,” writer Nicole Boyce tweeted, starting a thread of reaction jokes and memes.
cara delevingne and ashley benson carrying a sex swing into their apartment is the official marker of the beginning of pride month https://t.co/y9DBjSuNnQ
— nicole boyce (@nicolewboyce) May 29, 2019
Jezebel reports that the erotic furniture in question is a Master Series Faux Leather Sex Bench with Adjustable Restraints, which “boasts faux leather pads for the torso, arms, legs and head for optimal comfort during sexual intercourse.” There’s a $384 version and a $438 version, and it’s unclear which the happy couple purchased.
Some of the funniest reactions online were from people who were unaware that Benson and Delevingne are dating.
“Okay, was anybody going to tell me that ashley benson was in a relationship with a woman or was I just supposed to find out via a pic of them holding a box that contains a sex toy?” user @crema0reo wrote.
— flor 💫 (@crema0reo) May 29, 2019
Some fans were supportive of the implied nature of Benson and Delevingne’s sex life. Twitter user @MollyHallisey1 replied to the photos with a GIF of Lucille from Arrested Development saying, “Good for her.”
— Molly-Kate "Gettin Bi" Britton (@MollyHallisey1) May 29, 2019
Seventeen reports that Benson and Delevingne began dating in 2018. Delevingne has previously been in relationships with actress Michelle Rodriguez, Skins actor Jake O’Connell, and musician St. Vincent, according to PopSugar.
Many folks on Twitter were amused by Delevingne’s expression in the photo, while others made comments about BDSM culture. Some weren’t even sure what a sex swing or bench is.
her face says everything pic.twitter.com/zfaZrwitPb
— john q (@jessicaapadron) May 30, 2019
“Her face says everything,” @jessicaapadron said.
Thought they were carrying some sorta workout contraption but I zoomed in and realized that's some weird BDSM, 50 Shades type of shit ☠☠ pic.twitter.com/YtcP7XWTjV
— سثمب مخرث (@tisssoo) May 30, 2019
One user assumed the two had a box of athletic equipment. “I zoomed in and realized that’s some weird BDSM, 50 Shades type of shit,” @tisobotato said.
Maybe they have very big dogs pic.twitter.com/nLlO3vdnPx
— Justin Varricchione (@Taco_Jones) May 30, 2019
@Taco_Jones said “maybe they have very big dogs” and attached a screenshot of an Amazon review for a sex swing in which the customer described how useful it is for holding their dogs in place for baths.
Regardless of how they’re using it, we hope Delevingne and Benson get their money’s worth.
Brooke Sjoberg is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She is also the Daily Texan's Life and Arts Editor and an editorial intern for Texas Connect magazine.