- Billie Eilish parody takes dad jokes to a whole new level 2 Years Ago
- How to stream Eagles vs. Ravens in NFL preseason action 2 Years Ago
- How to create your very own Instagram hoax 2 Years Ago
- ‘Spider-Man’ fans want to ‘storm’ Sony’s office in New York to protest him leaving the MCU 2 Years Ago
- White House proposing ‘Minority Report’-style office to use data to predict crime 2 Years Ago
- Streamer OnlyUseMeBlade accused of sexually assaulting a sleeping woman Today 10:50 AM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Packers in NFL preseason action Today 10:07 AM
- Say hello to ‘antira,’ the far-right’s answer to antifa Today 9:28 AM
- Bernie Sanders proposes sweeping plan to combat climate change Today 9:11 AM
- Is ‘Save Spider-Man from Sony’ fueled by pro-Disney bots? Today 8:41 AM
- ‘Jawline’ takes a stunning look at influencers and the social media gold rush Today 7:00 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in September 2019 Today 6:58 AM
- The biggest conspiracy theories around Area 51 Today 6:30 AM
- How to listen to YouTube music in the background on your phone Today 6:00 AM
- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
Comedian Kathy Griffin is holding President Donald Trump‘s lifeless, bloody head in a new photoshoot. It’s a creative partnership with provocateur photographer Tyler Shields, and TMZ landed the photos on Tuesday prior to their official release.
Love the president or find him tedious, mean, and embarrassing, this shoot is certainly reverse-engineered to be bold. No word yet on whether the photos are part of a larger series, or tied to one of Griffin’s upcoming projects.
2/ OBVIOUSLY, I do not condone ANY violence by my fans or others to anyone, ever! I'm merely mocking the Mocker in Chief.— Kathy Griffin (@kathygriffin) May 30, 2017
Though Griffin says she doesn’t condone violence and that she is just “mocking” the president, let me synthesize how conservatives, and even some liberals, are feeling based on a few of the initial 4,230 comments.
@TMZ Great non volient message from the peaceful liberals NOT— Roy B (@Roy1911_45) May 30, 2017
Right-wing blogs, like Breitbart, referred to the project as art, but naturally in quotation marks. They added secondary grafs about Hollywood liberals and their disdain for the commander-in-chief.
As TMZ points out, Trump has been attacked for dog-whistling hatred and inciting violence. Did the veteran comedian do the same here? Or was this basically subversive imagery done in suspect taste?
Update 10:00pm CT, May 30: Griffin apologized via Twitter about the shoot, saying that it went too far.
I am sorry. I went too far. I was wrong. pic.twitter.com/LBKvqf9xFB— Kathy Griffin (@kathygriffin) May 30, 2017
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.