- The LGBTQ and Black communities deserve real answers about the Jussie Smollett case 1 Year Ago
- The Jussie Smollett-Trump collusion discourse is a condescending Wonka meme come to life 1 Year Ago
- Even teachers are in on TikTok’s #hitthewoah Today 2:49 PM
- Editor’s history of calling trans people ‘frauds’ shines light on Economist’s transphobic tweet Today 2:24 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ posters reveal the fates of several Marvel characters Today 2:12 PM
- Man pleads guilty to stealing over $100 million from Facebook, Google Today 12:59 PM
- Washington Post under fire for transphobic cartoon about the Mueller Report Today 12:33 PM
- Congressman quotes ‘Mein Kampf’ on House floor Today 11:55 AM
- Rapper Tone Loc detained after confronting teen in Confederate flag hat Today 11:37 AM
- Sarah Sanders shares Mueller Madness bracket Today 10:19 AM
- NASA postpones all-women spacewalk over lack of suits that fit the female astronauts Today 10:17 AM
- Texas Rangers shortstop walks up to ‘Baby Shark’ Today 9:58 AM
- The best wireless gaming headsets under $100 Today 9:23 AM
- Trump demands networks blacklist these guests—including prominent Democrats Today 9:09 AM
- Bookworms! Now’s your chance to grab 3 months of Amazon Music for free Today 9:00 AM
Jordan Peele shares the ultimate caption for a photo of his Oscar and Emmy
Of course, he had the best take on this.
If you win an Oscar, you’re probably gonna want to share a pic of it, and Jordan Peele is no exception.
Peele took home the best original screenplay award Sunday evening for Get Out. He also has an Emmy from his work on Key and Peele, and now that those two statuettes are cohabitating on one coffee table, the scene reminds Peele of he and his wife Chelsea Peretti. Specifically, the miracle of childbirth.
This is exactly what it looked like watching my wife give birth. pic.twitter.com/qDNm3jzZwh
— Jordan Peele (@JordanPeele) March 5, 2018
“This is exactly what it looked like watching my wife give birth,” Peele tweeted Monday evening, referring to the pair’s eight-month-old son.
And if that chair in the background looks familiar, Peele confirmed in his mentions that it’s the actual armchair Daniel Kaluuya sits in in Get Out.
Btw that IS the GET OUT chair.
— Jordan Peele (@JordanPeele) March 6, 2018
Not bad for office decor.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.