- Woman slammed for trying to put UPS driver on blast 2 Years Ago
- Twitter users are sharing which celebrities have blocked them Today 4:43 PM
- Conspiracy theorists are already taking advantage of Kobe Bryant’s death Today 4:14 PM
- Adam Driver returns to ‘SNL’ as Kylo Ren to reprise role in ‘Undercover Boss’ parody Today 3:46 PM
- White men are raging over ‘SNL’s’ white male rage skit Today 3:05 PM
- Kobe Bryant dead at 41 Today 2:24 PM
- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo Today 12:22 PM
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Today 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Today 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Today 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Today 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Today 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
The “Temptation” rapper started out the week telling Twitter that he has “sungazed” in the past, and that he knew what was best for his body when it came to eyewear.
“Am I crazy for watching the eclipse today [with] no glasses?” he asked. “This ain’t the first solar eclipse and I’m pretty sure our ancestors ain’t have no fancy eyewear. Also pretty sure they ain’t all go blind.”
Am I crazy for watching the eclipse today w no glasses? I've sungazed before and afterwards saw colors for a whole day. I didn't die tho— BADMON (@joeyBADASS) August 21, 2017
This ain't the first solar eclipse and I'm pretty sure our ancestors ain't have no fancy eyewear. Also pretty sure they ain't all go blind.— BADMON (@joeyBADASS) August 21, 2017
The eclipse came and went—people peered through their cereal boxes and colanders trying to spot the totality, while Joey Bada$$ apparently looked directly up into the sky—and a fun time was had by all. The next day, though, Bada$$ unexpectedly announced he’d be canceling three of his upcoming appearances on Logic’s world tour:
Due to unforeseen circumstances, my Cleveland, Chicago & Toronto shows on the #EverybodyTour are cancelled.— BADMON (@joeyBADASS) August 22, 2017
Fans in Cleveland, Chicago, and Toronto who may have bought tickets specifically to see Bada$$ are apparently out of luck, and no further details have been given at this time.
Could the shows be canceled for a non-eclipse-related reason? Of course. But as far as Bada$$’ Twitter timeline is concerned, these “unforeseen circumstances” seem a little… ironic to say the least.
There is an Instagram taken of the rapper wearing protective glasses, so maybe it has nothing to do with this, but if the cancellations do turn out to be eclipse-related, let’s hope he has an amazing optometrist.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.