- Bella Thorne comes out as pansexual 4 Years Ago
- Macy’s pulls portion-control plates after social media uproar 4 Years Ago
- John Oliver confirms the internet’s suspicions about that ‘Lion King’ cast photo Today 2:14 PM
- Report: Fake Libra accounts rampant on Facebook, Instagram Today 2:10 PM
- Tennessee neighbors form human chain to help father and son escape ICE Today 1:57 PM
- Google settled two multi-million dollar lawsuits this week Today 1:26 PM
- How to live stream Guadalajara vs. Atletico Madrid Today 12:47 PM
- Forget Area 51—People are planning to storm the Bermuda Triangle Today 12:41 PM
- It’s too late to book a room for the Area 51 raid Today 12:28 PM
- Adam Sandler’s next Netflix film is a star-studded Halloween comedy Today 12:17 PM
- How to live stream Arsenal vs. Real Madrid Today 12:06 PM
- Netflix’s ‘7SEEDS’ is an abominable adaptation of the original manga Today 11:59 AM
- Alinity Divine hasn’t been punished for throwing her cat—and people are livid Today 10:16 AM
- Gamer Krucial B passes away during Defend the North tournament Today 9:25 AM
- Brexit supporter Boris Johnson becomes prime minister—spawning lots of memes Today 9:16 AM
Jimmy Fallon gathers a gang of celebs for post-Super Bowl antics on ‘The Tonight Show’
It’s got even more celebrity shenanigans than usual.
While the Patriots spent most of last night in celebration mode after winning the Super Bowl, it was business for Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show, with the football-themed shenanigans front and center.
First, to celebrate the victors, Fallon and a slew of celebrities collaborated with the Roots on an a cappella cover of “We Are the Champions,” the quintessential victory tune. While perfectly enjoyable, one might argue it suffers from a little too much star power, as everyone tries to make the differing voices and personalities—some of whom will probably never duet together in any other way—click.
While a cappella was the pregame show, the main event was a giant lip sync battle between Fallon, Kevin Hart, and Will Ferrell. What started off as the usual fanfare between the trio transformed with an assist from an old friend of Fallon’s, producing a victory (as well as actual clothing damage) and ending with someone possibly doing Katy Perry better than Katy Perry.
“You can never unsee that,” Fallon says at one point. Especially when you can rewatch it on YouTube.
Screengrab via The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.