- Ocasio-Cortez blasts media over home reports after Coast Guard member’s hit list revealed 10 Months Ago
- Are you being harassed by a Bernie Bro or a Bernie bot? Today 7:30 AM
- Jason Reitman is empowering toxic ‘Ghostbusters’ fanboys Today 6:55 AM
- The Twitter accounts taking on journalism’s straight, white, cis male problem Today 6:30 AM
- 12 essential Amazon Echo accessories for your smart home Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘A Place to Call Home’ online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Report: Disney yanks YouTube ad spending following child exploitation accusations Wednesday 7:56 PM
- These people are organizing Fyre Fest live-action role-play parties Wednesday 6:35 PM
- White woman berates Mexican restaurant manager for speaking Spanish Wednesday 4:12 PM
- In Pixar short ‘Kitbull,’ a cat and pit bull become unlikely friends Wednesday 3:48 PM
- Stop exploiting the Jussie Smollett case to discredit LGBTQ hate crime victims Wednesday 3:28 PM
- The best Netflix original movies of 2019 Wednesday 3:20 PM
- Pinterest is reportedly blocking vaccination searches Wednesday 2:53 PM
- Nike’s self-lacing smart sneakers malfunction days after release Wednesday 2:50 PM
- How to quickly get the Havoc weapon in Apex Legends Wednesday 2:48 PM
Someone made a PowerPoint trying to prove Jack Antonoff cheated on Lena Dunham with Lorde
As soon as Jack Antonoff and Lena Dunham broke off their five-year relationship in a highly public split in January, gossip mongers and fans alike started pedaled rumors that the Bleachers frontman and Grammy-winning producer had moved on to dating broody, beloved New Zealand musician Lorde.
The two were spotted canoodling in Lorde’s hometown in February, and it’s an easy conclusion to jump to based on their well-documented friendship, which includes Antonoff’s work producing Lorde’s album.
But in the spirit of following a gut feeling to an extreme level, a fan created an elaborate PowerPoint spinning a darker theory: That Antonoff and Lorde actually started seeing each other while Antonoff and Dunham were still dating, and we’re all suckers for ever believing otherwise.
life update: i recently made a claim that lorde & jack antonoff are 2gether & it's taken me on a strange journey to the Truth, which i present to u in the way i best express myself – powerpoint: https://t.co/dnG65muBj1
— not not bryan colangelo (@buzzkillary) April 19, 2018
Honestly, the 20-slide presentation is convincing. Spiked with sarcasm, it thoroughly explains the situation even if you come into it with zero background knowledge of these people—not to mention takes you on a wild emotional journey (with cameos from Taylor Swift!) that will completely change how you listen to Lorde’s critically-acclaimed 2017 album Melodrama.
Lorde has said Melodrama is a “concept album” about the trajectory of a house party—but @buzzkillary’s theory blows that flimsy front to smithereens, dissecting Lorde’s lyrics to match the timeline of the alleged affair and reveal her to be in perhaps the most melodramatic position ever, the other woman.
normally i would never address rumors but i resent having the most important friendships and working relationships in my life reduced to dumb hetero normative gossip. those relationships are deeply important and sacred. with that said, im not seeing anyone. lol.
— jackantonoff (@jackantonoff) January 17, 2018
But people on the internet are praising the PowerPoint creator’s investigative chops, and even her loose (and facetious) theory that it’s Dunham’s fault we elected President Donald Trump has its merits.
This powerpoint about Lorde and Jack Antonoff dating is iconic. This person deserves to be a part of Harvard's research team. https://t.co/l17qs6oyyo
— ilana kaplan (@lanikaps) April 20, 2018
A Heartbreaking Work Of Staggering Genius https://t.co/4OeE0yym0e
— Emily Arata (@aratatweets) April 20, 2018
You don’t have to take our word for it, and in fact, we recommend setting aside ample time to thoroughly digest the PowerPoint before listening to Melodrama on loop 10 times with fresh ears. But buckle up: It’s a wild ride.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.