- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
- Did Martha McSally plan her ‘liberal hack’ viral moment? Friday 10:32 AM
The ‘Gilmore Girls’ reunion is happening
Congratulations, Internet: You and Netflix made this happen.
Long-beloved cult series Gilmore Girls made a triumphant arrival on Netflix last month, embraced by the loving arms of an Internet eager to give it overdue praise for its complex portrayal of women and family relationships.
Now, the series costars, Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel, are reuniting with creator Amy Sherman-Palladino for a look back at some of the greatest moments of the iconic show’s seven-year run.
The ATX Television Festival, which takes place June 4-7 in Austin, Texas, will host a special panel featuring the trio. In a press release, Sherman-Palladino stated she was elated about the chance to revisit Stars Hollow.
“So, after years of peace and quiet, these lunatics have chosen to get the chattiest chicks in the world back under one roof? Really? Okay. You asked for it… Gilmore was the highlight of my ridiculous life. I can’t wait to sit with these unbelievable broads and relive a time where sleep did not exist, where stress and coffee were mama’s little helpers, and where we all dove into the deep end together to make something weird and very very cool.”
Graham, who plays the middle third of the show’s grandmother-mother-daughter titular family, whizzed back into character as Lorelai Gilmore, quipping, “There’ll be coffee, right? Can’t wait!”
Additionally, the festival will host a reunion of the Dawson’s Creek writers’ room, as well as its third annual series pitch competition, which allows up-and-coming and would-be showrunners to pitch their ideas for a scripted series to networks and producers.
Additional details about the contest are available at the festival’s website, which had, at press time, crashed under the weight of an Internet’s worth of excited Gilmore Girls fans all trying to buy tickets to Austin.
Photo via Wikimedia Commons (CC BY SA 3.0)
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.