- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Sunday 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Sunday 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Sunday 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
Judy and Gavin Holt are expecting their second child! And while you may not know their names, you’ll definitely remember their gender reveal video.
For the uninitiated, a gender reveal is pretty much what it sounds like—a social media post that announces the fetus’ sex so that a pregnant person can disseminate the news easily to their friends and loved ones. Some people throw gender reveal parties. Some people do nothing at all. But this husband and wife wedding photographer duo used their equipment to film something over-the-top instead of posting a Facebook status or a sonogram pic like a mere mortal might.
As a sequel to their also-viral 2015 pregnancy announcement, the couple directed a four-minute horror film co-starring their toddler to announce the new baby’s gender, and it is… chilling.
Things pick up when they ask a Ouija board about the baby’s gender and get wilder from there:
Where are the children from the driveway??!?
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.