- The 5 best Spike Lee movies Today 5:00 AM
- Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots visit suburban hell in ‘Vivarium’ Today 4:30 AM
- Spoiler-free review: HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ leans into the comic’s political side Today 3:00 AM
- #DogsAgainstBrexit highlights the negative impact of Brexit on pets Monday 7:44 PM
- Congress investigating whether vaping manufacturers used social media bots Monday 6:34 PM
- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted (updated) Monday 6:12 PM
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Monday 4:08 PM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play Monday 3:38 PM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Monday 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Monday 3:19 PM
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns Monday 3:06 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Monday 3:03 PM
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist Monday 2:46 PM
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Monday 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Monday 12:52 PM
Judy and Gavin Holt are expecting their second child! And while you may not know their names, you’ll definitely remember their gender reveal video.
For the uninitiated, a gender reveal is pretty much what it sounds like—a social media post that announces the fetus’ sex so that a pregnant person can disseminate the news easily to their friends and loved ones. Some people throw gender reveal parties. Some people do nothing at all. But this husband and wife wedding photographer duo used their equipment to film something over-the-top instead of posting a Facebook status or a sonogram pic like a mere mortal might.
As a sequel to their also-viral 2015 pregnancy announcement, the couple directed a four-minute horror film co-starring their toddler to announce the new baby’s gender, and it is… chilling.
Things pick up when they ask a Ouija board about the baby’s gender and get wilder from there:
Where are the children from the driveway??!?
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.