- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? 4 Years Ago
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil 4 Years Ago
- Report: Jack Dorsey declined to host a fundraiser for Tulsi Gabbard Today 10:22 AM
- Bernie Sanders plugs Joe Rogan endorsement—and women are furious Today 10:04 AM
- Young woman using TikTok to document the end of her life says she’s dying next week Today 8:43 AM
- London’s real-time facial recognition program a ‘breathtaking assault’ on civil rights Today 8:23 AM
- Disney’s Obi-Wan Kenobi miniseries is now on hold Today 6:47 AM
- The coronavirus outbreak has become a breeding ground of misinformation Today 6:30 AM
- Muslim girls are making fun of Islamophobia in viral TikTok videos Thursday 8:34 PM
- Kendall Jenner’s ‘cruel’ dog collar sparks online debate Thursday 8:04 PM
- All ‘The Witcher’ content you can gobble up once you finish the Netflix series Thursday 7:47 PM
- Tinder adding a ‘panic button’ for when dates go awry Thursday 6:14 PM
- Webcam footage of ‘Bigfoot’ shared by state government agency Thursday 5:47 PM
- Video shows that James Corden doesn’t drive Carpool Karaoke car—and fans feel betrayed Thursday 5:06 PM
- Video shows Julianne Hough screaming, writhing during physical therapy demo Thursday 4:47 PM
Baby “gender reveals” are a thing now, and expectant parents are finding all sorts of ways to reveal their infant’s genitalia to the world before the little bugger leaves the womb. A few short years ago, this might have been done with a cake that was either pink or blue on the inside, or, hell, an “It’s a girl” email. But those sorts of things can’t go viral now, can they?
Here are some of the most ridiculous gender reveal options we’ve found. Happy Mother’s Day!
You thought boy v. girl was the only dichotomy in question? Think again. There are all sorts of preferences to pose about yet-to-be-born babies. Lures or lace? Guns or glitter? Cupcake or stud muffin? Because, yes, let’s all think about your newborn son having sex.
2) Making your other children cry
Who cares if it’s a girl or a boy? The older kid is just going to be upset about having to share things now.
Expectant dads sure do like announcing their babies with guns and explosions.
Because nothing is more fun than cleaning up glitter.
5) Actual baby cakes
Or cutting into a baby from the uncanny valley to celebrate his upcoming birth.
Anyway, gender is a construct. Your son might like tutus!
Jaya Saxena is a lifestyle writer and editor whose work focuses primarily on women's issues and web culture. Her writing has appeared in GQ, ELLE, the Toast, the New Yorker, Tthe Hairpin, BuzzFeed, Racked, Eater, Catapult, and others. She is the co-author of 'Dad Magazine,' the author of 'The Book Of Lost Recipes,' and the co-author of 'Basic Witches.'