- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Today 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Saturday 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Saturday 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Saturday 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Saturday 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Saturday 1:02 PM
Larry Wilmore’s ‘Nightly Show’ to bring on YouTube star Franchesca Ramsey
She’ll be both a writer and contributor.
This job may mark Ramsey’s big leap into television, but it’s hardly her first time weighing in on the news with her comedy. In addition to running MTV’s Decoded, a webseries about “race, pop culture, and other uncomfortable things,” her personal channel is full of funny, culturally critical gems like “5 Tips for Being an Ally” and “Shit White Girls Say to Black Girls.” So she should feel right at home in the writers’ room.
Ramsey has previously been on The Nightly Show as a panel member, and this new position guarantees her cool-headed, socially conscious voice will help shape the rest of Wilmore’s segments too.
Screengrab via Franchesca Ramsey/YouTube
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.