- Cat filter turns Pakistani politicians’ press conference into frisky business 1 Year Ago
- Couple calls for boycott of dog walker app Wag! after their dog was abducted Today 5:07 PM
- Trump gets banned from SeekingArrangement because he’s not a ‘real sugar daddy’ Today 4:17 PM
- InfoWars accidentally sent child porn to lawyers representing Sandy Hook parents Today 4:12 PM
- Sticker warns men changing diapers about ‘feminization of the American male’ Today 4:10 PM
- The genius way Genius caught Google allegedly stealing lyrics Today 3:03 PM
- This bubble tea challenge is a balancing act Today 2:15 PM
- Laura Dern gifts the internet with more ‘Big Little Lies’ memes Today 1:54 PM
- The Stonks meme is back—and it’s weirder than ever Today 1:27 PM
- Video shows officer threatening to shoot pregnant Black woman in front of her children Today 1:12 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Leila’ tells a familiar dystopian horror story Today 12:37 PM
- O.J. Simpson says in Twitter video that he never slept with Kris Jenner Today 12:06 PM
- GOP commissioner jokes on Facebook about running over Trump protesters Today 11:52 AM
- 2 trans women killed within 3 months in the same neighborhood Today 11:35 AM
- DNC tries to pander with tone-deaf Beyoncé meme, fails miserably Today 10:45 AM
Olympic figure skater Evgenia Medvedeva met EXO, and all of her dreams came true
Evgenia Medvedeva is one of the best figure skaters in the world, and thanks to the Olympics coverage, the world has also learned that she’s a huge fan of K-pop. Now, after winning a silver medal in the individual figure skating event to go with her silver from the team competition, she received what might have been an even bigger thrill for the 18-year-old Russian.
She got to meet one of her favorite groups at the closing ceremony, EXO.
It was, in her own words, a dream come true.
She also got a keepsake from the supergroup.
Ok. Just leave it here. pic.twitter.com/DWIOlpjalP
— Evgenia Medvedeva (@JannyMedvedeva) February 25, 2018
Said Medvedeva: “I’m listening o K-pop. J-pop. I don’t understand [the] languages, but I enjoy the sound.”
And she enjoys dancing to the sound.
Perhaps Medvedeva only won silver in the competition, but there’s no doubt that by meeting EXO, she struck gold.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.