- Netflix’s ‘Someone Great’ is a coming-of-age rom-com for twenty-somethings 1 Year Ago
- The best new movies and TV shows to stream this weekend 1 Year Ago
- ‘Ramy’ explores the intersection of Muslim and millennial identities Today 6:30 AM
- The top 10 Sekiro bosses, ranked Today 6:00 AM
- How to install PlayStation Vue on Kodi to stream live TV Today 5:30 AM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez supports resolution that could lead to Trump’s impeachment Thursday 9:46 PM
- Ricardo Milos dancing memes are the new Rickroll Thursday 9:09 PM
- Laura Loomer sues Twitter, Muslim lobbying group over account ban Thursday 8:15 PM
- Far-right troll Ian Miles Cheong gets flamed for mocking a ‘Star Wars’ fan Thursday 6:17 PM
- Facebook says ‘millions,’ not ‘tens of thousands,’ affected by Instagram password bug Thursday 5:13 PM
- Leading 2020 Democrats mock redactions in Mueller report Thursday 4:04 PM
- 8 weed accessories for stealthy stoners Thursday 4:00 PM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players are now fighting on giant d*cks Thursday 3:37 PM
- Why are Facebook and Google translating this Spanish word into a racial slur? Thursday 3:32 PM
- Instagram page encourages meme creators to join a meme union Thursday 3:24 PM
Olympic figure skater Evgenia Medvedeva met EXO, and all of her dreams came true
Evgenia Medvedeva is one of the best figure skaters in the world, and thanks to the Olympics coverage, the world has also learned that she’s a huge fan of K-pop. Now, after winning a silver medal in the individual figure skating event to go with her silver from the team competition, she received what might have been an even bigger thrill for the 18-year-old Russian.
She got to meet one of her favorite groups at the closing ceremony, EXO.
It was, in her own words, a dream come true.
She also got a keepsake from the supergroup.
Ok. Just leave it here. pic.twitter.com/DWIOlpjalP
— Evgenia Medvedeva (@JannyMedvedeva) February 25, 2018
Said Medvedeva: “I’m listening o K-pop. J-pop. I don’t understand [the] languages, but I enjoy the sound.”
And she enjoys dancing to the sound.
Perhaps Medvedeva only won silver in the competition, but there’s no doubt that by meeting EXO, she struck gold.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.