- Lori Harvey reportedly trying to walk away from car crash spawns memes 2 Years Ago
- In Netflix’s ‘Upstarts,’ Silicon Valley CEOs are the good guys Today 4:35 PM
- This video of a tree struck by lightning is… relatable? Today 4:13 PM
- How to watch ‘Keeping Faith’ Today 3:37 PM
- ‘South Park’ at the center of $500 million streaming war Today 3:16 PM
- Pizza Hut and Papa John’s employees pranked into talking to each other on the phone Today 2:34 PM
- Twitter bullies brought Jordan Peterson to tears Today 2:24 PM
- 25 last-minute Halloween costumes for those with no time to shop Today 1:30 PM
- Krassensteins return to Twitter and are immediately suspended Today 1:01 PM
- Tom Brady insists he didn’t parody Robert Kraft in ‘Living with Yourself’ cameo Today 12:52 PM
- Black security guard fired for telling student not to call him the N-word Today 12:38 PM
- How Watchmen’s Bass Reeves cameo ties into the original comic Today 12:34 PM
- Todrick Hall’s former assistant blasts him for abuse, non-payment, dissing Taylor Swift Today 12:32 PM
- Maggie Rogers calls out catcaller at Austin concert Today 12:12 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Unnatural Selection’ breaks down the pros and cons of biohacking Today 11:52 AM
Evgenia Medvedeva is one of the best figure skaters in the world, and thanks to the Olympics coverage, the world has also learned that she’s a huge fan of K-pop. Now, after winning a silver medal in the individual figure skating event to go with her silver from the team competition, she received what might have been an even bigger thrill for the 18-year-old Russian.
She got to meet one of her favorite groups at the closing ceremony, EXO.
It was, in her own words, a dream come true.
She also got a keepsake from the supergroup.
Ok. Just leave it here. pic.twitter.com/DWIOlpjalP— Evgenia Medvedeva (@JannyMedvedeva) February 25, 2018
Said Medvedeva: “I’m listening o K-pop. J-pop. I don’t understand [the] languages, but I enjoy the sound.”
And she enjoys dancing to the sound.
Perhaps Medvedeva only won silver in the competition, but there’s no doubt that by meeting EXO, she struck gold.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.