- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray 1 Year Ago
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
Evgenia Medvedeva is one of the best figure skaters in the world, and thanks to the Olympics coverage, the world has also learned that she’s a huge fan of K-pop. Now, after winning a silver medal in the individual figure skating event to go with her silver from the team competition, she received what might have been an even bigger thrill for the 18-year-old Russian.
She got to meet one of her favorite groups at the closing ceremony, EXO.
It was, in her own words, a dream come true.
She also got a keepsake from the supergroup.
Ok. Just leave it here. pic.twitter.com/DWIOlpjalP— Evgenia Medvedeva (@JannyMedvedeva) February 25, 2018
Said Medvedeva: “I’m listening o K-pop. J-pop. I don’t understand [the] languages, but I enjoy the sound.”
And she enjoys dancing to the sound.
Perhaps Medvedeva only won silver in the competition, but there’s no doubt that by meeting EXO, she struck gold.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.