- Laura Loomer led a second protest at Twitter yesterday 12 Months Ago
- The eyes have it in these ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ memes Today 2:13 PM
- Facebook let advertisers target users interested in infamous Nazis Today 1:58 PM
- Dem senator promises to put net neutrality on the ‘political hot seat’ in coming months Today 1:28 PM
- Someone figured out that Toothless from ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ looks just like Bulbasaur Today 12:44 PM
- Disturbing Snapchat video shows 17-year-old throwing dog on trampoline Today 12:16 PM
- How to watch the new Bon Appetit channel for free Today 12:03 PM
- Eminem disses Netflix for canceling ‘The Punisher’ Today 11:50 AM
- Florida prisons sued for depriving inmates of music they paid for Today 11:36 AM
- Chris Hemsworth will become Hulk Hogan for Netflix biopic Today 11:29 AM
- Fortnite just introduced a K-Pop skin, and here’s how to unlock it Today 11:06 AM
- The YouTuber who exposed the site’s ‘softcore pedophile ring’ is under attack Today 10:39 AM
- Trump randomly calls for companies to ‘step up’ their 5G efforts in U.S. Today 10:28 AM
- Professional media person: Poor people have money but they just waste it on ‘benders’ Today 10:22 AM
- Netflix acquires highest-grossing blockbuster of 2019 (so far) Today 9:29 AM
Olympic figure skater Evgenia Medvedeva met EXO, and all of her dreams came true
Evgenia Medvedeva is one of the best figure skaters in the world, and thanks to the Olympics coverage, the world has also learned that she’s a huge fan of K-pop. Now, after winning a silver medal in the individual figure skating event to go with her silver from the team competition, she received what might have been an even bigger thrill for the 18-year-old Russian.
She got to meet one of her favorite groups at the closing ceremony, EXO.
It was, in her own words, a dream come true.
She also got a keepsake from the supergroup.
Ok. Just leave it here. pic.twitter.com/DWIOlpjalP
— Evgenia Medvedeva (@JannyMedvedeva) February 25, 2018
Said Medvedeva: “I’m listening o K-pop. J-pop. I don’t understand [the] languages, but I enjoy the sound.”
And she enjoys dancing to the sound.
Perhaps Medvedeva only won silver in the competition, but there’s no doubt that by meeting EXO, she struck gold.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.