- Which direwolves are left in ‘Game of Thrones’? 3 Years Ago
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ premiere brings no spoilers, but plenty of emotion 3 Years Ago
- Kamala Harris calls on House to begin impeachment proceeding against Trump 3 Years Ago
- Twitch kills ‘Joy of Sex’ category—and gamers are furious Today 8:19 AM
- The best Mother’s Day gifts and gadgets for high-tech moms Today 7:30 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Music Teacher’ is another lifeless melodrama about an emotionally illiterate man Today 6:45 AM
- 3 things we saw at the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ premiere Today 6:30 AM
- How to use Google Home Hub as a digital photo frame Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Netflix on Apple devices without AirPlay support Today 5:00 AM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate player’s trans flag removed for being ‘political’ Monday 7:37 PM
- Does Donald Trump Jr. know what American soldiers do? Monday 7:17 PM
- Sophie Turner has a hot take on Arya’s ‘Game of Thrones’ sex scene Monday 6:50 PM
- Parked Tesla Model S bursts into flames in shocking video Monday 3:12 PM
- Fortnite is getting an Avengers Endgame event Monday 2:44 PM
- The living are facing the end of the world in the latest ‘Game of Thrones’ Monday 2:37 PM
Elton John just seriously upped the ante for future Carpool Karaoke guests
James Corden’s latest guest made it a crooning session for the ages.
Elton John sang some of his biggest hits for the Late Late Show host, and along the way, he discussed knowing he had something special with “Your Song”; why he dressed flamboyantly on-stage (before donning costumes to sing “Crocodile Rock”); and the younger artists who inspired him to make music today.
“I’m only looking forward,” he said. “I don’t look back…When you hear something by someone new that inspires you from the young, it makes you feel ‘I’m gonna do that, I want to do that.’ So I still have the energy of a 20-year-old, and I want to carry on. I just don’t see the point of setting up shop. Once you stop, you die.”
John also revealed that he has four copies of every CD he owns—one for each house—and that doesn’t carry a phone, something that baffled Corden. At least he has an iPad. Whew.
Screengrab via The Late Late Show with James Corden/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.