- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
An unearthed video of Drake kissing, touching, and hitting on a 17-year-old fan is gaining lots of attention in the wake of Surviving R. Kelly, which documents numerous allegations of Kelly’s sexual abuse against minors.
He welcomes the young fan on stage and starts by slow dancing with her. That’s not unusual; other performers often bring fans up on stage for a little dance moment.
Then he spins her and gets close to her, then smells her hair. He asks her about her shampoo; that’s where it starts to get a little more intimate—and upsetting.
But the clip gets really alarming when kisses the back of her neck. The crowd erupts in cheers.
“Y’all gonna have me get carried away again,” he says in the video. “I get in trouble for shit like this; how old are you?”
She tells him she’s 17.
“Seventeen? How do you look like that? You thick. Look at all this,” he responds.
Knowing her age didn’t seem to make him back off, though.
Before he sends her off stage he kisses her cheeks, forehead and then plants one right on her lips.
He tells her “I had fun.” and “I like the way your breasts felt against my chest.”
It’s important to note that at the time of this video recording, Drake was 23 and the age of consent in Colorado is 17. Colorado makes exemptions for 15- and 16-year-olds, too; they can consent to sex with someone up to ten years older.
But the video reignites suspicion around the rapper; after the video surfaced, Twitter users called Drake out for his behavior with younger women.
so... again...— wikipedia brown (@eveewing) January 5, 2019
and honestly this isn’t just about drake. people are not asking questions that should be asked. And it’s real easy to watch #SurvivingRKelly and say “why didn’t anyone xyz...” but there’s a lot of folks hooting & hollering in this video.https://t.co/SU93YdIamY
Me watching drake grope a 17y/o pic.twitter.com/YcO9EQJZyO— keezy beats (@thegodofcanada) January 6, 2019
That vid of Drake w that 17 year old makes me cringe & want to throw up 🤢— Beth 🐻 (@Bethany01219696) January 6, 2019
Drake’s a predator too. Even if they are 17/18.— Rocky Bakari (@RockyBakari) January 6, 2019
That video of Drake and the 17yo is DISGUSTING! "You're 17? Why you look like that?" UMM BITCH WTF, that's HER body why can't YOU keep your hands to yourself? AND he still mentions he likes her breasts and goes on to kiss her...🙄— 🍷 (@zulemaaaaaa_) January 6, 2019
During a red carpet interview at the 2018 Emmys, Millie Bobby Brown, the 14-year-old Stranger Things actress, told a reporter that she and Drake text.
“He’s a great friend and a great role model,” she told Access Hollywood. “We just texted each other the other day. He was like, ‘I miss you so much,’ I was like, ‘I miss you more,’ he’s great.”
She explained that the rapper gives great dating advice.
But despite Brown’s insistence that their relationship is innocent, the news still raised eyebrows online.
when we found out drake, 31, is texting millie bobby brown, 14, talking bout "i miss you so much" pic.twitter.com/YkPdIdg4EK— hunter harris (@hunteryharris) September 18, 2018
And there was speculation Drake was dating 18-year-old model Bella Harris over the summer of 2018. While legal, the pair seems to have been close since Bella was 16.
Both have denied any sort of romantic relationship.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.