Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day’s must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- The U.S. government says it can freeze Megaupload’s assets even if the case against the file-sharing site and its top executives is dismissed.
- The Atlantic Wire asks, “What would a cyberwar really look like?”
- Google apparently failed to delete personal data its Street View vehicles inadvertently collected from people’s Wi-Fi hotspots, despite being ordered to do so back in 2010.
- That didn’t take long: Chick-fil-A defender and alleged sockpuppet “Abby Farle” is now a meme.
- The Black Hat hacker conference just wrapped up in Las Vegas, and the New York Times has the highlights.
- Heads up, FarmVille addicts: Zynga execs are currently under investigation for SEC violations after the company’s stock took a dip.
Above: Hank Green of Vlogbrothers presents “Tumblr: The Musical.”