- Amanda Palmer dragged for ‘demanding’ coverage of her music Thursday 8:33 PM
- How to get free TikTok followers without downloading a virus Thursday 7:57 PM
- Trump Jr.s ‘Triggered’ topped best-seller’s list with help of RNC Thursday 7:41 PM
- FBI raided millionaire YouTuber’s home, allegedly took everything Thursday 6:55 PM
- A fake Labour party website is spreading disinformation in Britain Thursday 6:16 PM
- Twitter bans cricket club for posting ISIS content in apparent hack Thursday 6:12 PM
- This dad remade his daughter’s NSFW photo—and people are loving it Thursday 5:51 PM
- Teen allegedly posted ‘slave for sale’ Craigslist ad featuring his Black classmate Thursday 5:28 PM
- People are crushed that this teen love story might be a TikTok ‘joke’ Thursday 4:50 PM
- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Thursday 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Thursday 12:43 PM
- Uber says it will audio-record rides to address safety concerns Thursday 12:41 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ writers go in-depth on how they decided which superheroes lived and died Thursday 12:22 PM
Dotted Lines: “Tumblr: The Musical”
Vlogbrothers’ Hank Green performs “Tumblr: The Musical,” with a little help from Hipster Ariel.
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day’s must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- The U.S. government says it can freeze Megaupload’s assets even if the case against the file-sharing site and its top executives is dismissed.
- The Atlantic Wire asks, “What would a cyberwar really look like?”
- Google apparently failed to delete personal data its Street View vehicles inadvertently collected from people’s Wi-Fi hotspots, despite being ordered to do so back in 2010.
- That didn’t take long: Chick-fil-A defender and alleged sockpuppet “Abby Farle” is now a meme.
- The Black Hat hacker conference just wrapped up in Las Vegas, and the New York Times has the highlights.
- Heads up, FarmVille addicts: Zynga execs are currently under investigation for SEC violations after the company’s stock took a dip.
Above: Hank Green of Vlogbrothers presents “Tumblr: The Musical.”
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.