- How to stream Barcelona vs. Slavia Praha in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Ajax in the Champions League Today 1:00 AM
- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Tuesday 4:50 PM
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Tuesday 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Tuesday 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Tuesday 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Tuesday 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Tuesday 3:02 PM
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords Tuesday 2:47 PM
The Netflix original series Dead to Me still has some life in it. Netflix has ordered a second season of the dark comedy starring Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini. The news was confirmed by series creator and showrunner Liz Feldman Monday night.
These two. Season 2. Coming soon. ✌️ pic.twitter.com/oXN2zCMFkV— Dead To Me (@deadtome) June 4, 2019
The show follows Jen (Applegate), a jaded widow who attends a support group after losing her husband to a hit-and-run. There, she meets Judy (Cardellini), an eccentric optimist also dealing with the untimely loss of her partner. An unlikely friendship develops between the two opposing personalities through the shared experience of losing a loved one. However, as their bond grows, secrets surrounding Judy begin coming to light and threaten to change the duo’s lives.
Dead to Me is Applegate’s first starring TV role in seven years and she also serves as an executive producer on the series along with Feldman. Adam McKay and Will Ferrell also executive produce through Gloria Sanchez Productions. The show is produced through CBS Television Studios.
After its season 1 debut on May 3, Dead to Me became a critical darling. The dark comedy holds 87% and 95% approval ratings from critics and audiences respectively on Rotten Tomatoes. The show also received high praise specifically for its authentic, guttural portrayal of the grieving process after losing a loved one.
- The Russo brothers are bringing a ‘Magic: The Gathering’ animated series to Netflix
- Keanu Reeves walking in slow motion is a great meme
- Netflix’s true-crime epic ‘Killer Ratings’ chases a wild story. For far too long
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Ignacio Martinez is a journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and an intern at the Daily Dot. His work has appeared in the Texas Observer and on the airwaves at KVRX 91.7 FM.