- Trans/Sex: Let trans art be messy, weird, and uncomfortable 8 Months Ago
- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Monday 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Monday 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Monday 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Monday 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Monday 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Monday 8:45 AM
The Netflix original series Dead to Me still has some life in it. Netflix has ordered a second season of the dark comedy starring Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini. The news was confirmed by series creator and showrunner Liz Feldman Monday night.
These two. Season 2. Coming soon. ✌️ pic.twitter.com/oXN2zCMFkV— Dead To Me (@deadtome) June 4, 2019
The show follows Jen (Applegate), a jaded widow who attends a support group after losing her husband to a hit-and-run. There, she meets Judy (Cardellini), an eccentric optimist also dealing with the untimely loss of her partner. An unlikely friendship develops between the two opposing personalities through the shared experience of losing a loved one. However, as their bond grows, secrets surrounding Judy begin coming to light and threaten to change the duo’s lives.
Dead to Me is Applegate’s first starring TV role in seven years and she also serves as an executive producer on the series along with Feldman. Adam McKay and Will Ferrell also executive produce through Gloria Sanchez Productions. The show is produced through CBS Television Studios.
After its season 1 debut on May 3, Dead to Me became a critical darling. The dark comedy holds 87% and 95% approval ratings from critics and audiences respectively on Rotten Tomatoes. The show also received high praise specifically for its authentic, guttural portrayal of the grieving process after losing a loved one.
- The Russo brothers are bringing a ‘Magic: The Gathering’ animated series to Netflix
- Keanu Reeves walking in slow motion is a great meme
- Netflix’s true-crime epic ‘Killer Ratings’ chases a wild story. For far too long
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Ignacio Martinez is a reporter specializing in online gaming and political communities. His work has previously appeared in the Texas Observer and on the airwaves at KVRX 91.7 FM. He is based in Austin, Texas, and you can follow him on Twitter at @NacioMartinez.