- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Friday 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Friday 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Friday 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Friday 7:56 AM
The Netflix original series Dead to Me still has some life in it. Netflix has ordered a second season of the dark comedy starring Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini. The news was confirmed by series creator and showrunner Liz Feldman Monday night.
These two. Season 2. Coming soon. ✌️ pic.twitter.com/oXN2zCMFkV— Dead To Me (@deadtome) June 4, 2019
The show follows Jen (Applegate), a jaded widow who attends a support group after losing her husband to a hit-and-run. There, she meets Judy (Cardellini), an eccentric optimist also dealing with the untimely loss of her partner. An unlikely friendship develops between the two opposing personalities through the shared experience of losing a loved one. However, as their bond grows, secrets surrounding Judy begin coming to light and threaten to change the duo’s lives.
Dead to Me is Applegate’s first starring TV role in seven years and she also serves as an executive producer on the series along with Feldman. Adam McKay and Will Ferrell also executive produce through Gloria Sanchez Productions. The show is produced through CBS Television Studios.
After its season 1 debut on May 3, Dead to Me became a critical darling. The dark comedy holds 87% and 95% approval ratings from critics and audiences respectively on Rotten Tomatoes. The show also received high praise specifically for its authentic, guttural portrayal of the grieving process after losing a loved one.
- The Russo brothers are bringing a ‘Magic: The Gathering’ animated series to Netflix
- Keanu Reeves walking in slow motion is a great meme
- Netflix’s true-crime epic ‘Killer Ratings’ chases a wild story. For far too long
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Ignacio Martinez is a journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and an intern at the Daily Dot. His work has appeared in the Texas Observer and on the airwaves at KVRX 91.7 FM.