- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray 2 Years Ago
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
If David S. Pumpkins was your boy last Halloween, get ready, because he’s about to get his own animated special.
The popular Tom Hanks character first appeared on last year’s Halloween episode of Saturday Night Live, in a sketch called “Haunted Elevator.” It featured Hanks dressed in a pumpkin suit as mystery man David S. Pumpkins, on an elevator with two skeleton dancers played by SNL‘s Mikey Day and Bobby Moynihan. If it sounds simple and bizarre, that’s exactly right.
The new half-hour animated special is appropriately named The David S. Pumpkins Halloween Special. According to Deadline, Hanks will return as Pumpkins, with sketch creators Day and Moynihan also returning for their roles. SNL writer Streeter Seidell will lend his voice to a character, and Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage is also set to guest-star.
As far as the plot goes, the special will reportedly be about “David S. Pumpkins and his skeletons teaching a boy and his sister about the meaning of Halloween, ‘answering none of their questions along the way.’”
Hanks recently teased David S. Pumpkins’ return with a pic of a script page for some kind of Halloween song on Twitter.
Any questions? Hanx. pic.twitter.com/6rv6Cxx3DH— Tom Hanks (@tomhanks) September 14, 2017
The special will air Oct. 28 at 11:30pm ET/PT.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.