- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Friday 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Friday 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Friday 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Friday 1:58 PM
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career Friday 1:55 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ stumbles as it returns to a familiar planet Friday 1:47 PM
- The best app controlled Christmas lights for the holidays Friday 1:04 PM
- Go green and save green with solar-powered Christmas lights Friday 1:02 PM
- Bloomberg on diversity in 2020 race: ‘Don’t complain to me’ Friday 12:40 PM
- Midge flaunts the worst side of herself in ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ season 3 Friday 12:17 PM
- Social media companies continue to fail to police fake behavior, study finds Friday 10:44 AM
If David S. Pumpkins was your boy last Halloween, get ready, because he’s about to get his own animated special.
The popular Tom Hanks character first appeared on last year’s Halloween episode of Saturday Night Live, in a sketch called “Haunted Elevator.” It featured Hanks dressed in a pumpkin suit as mystery man David S. Pumpkins, on an elevator with two skeleton dancers played by SNL‘s Mikey Day and Bobby Moynihan. If it sounds simple and bizarre, that’s exactly right.
The new half-hour animated special is appropriately named The David S. Pumpkins Halloween Special. According to Deadline, Hanks will return as Pumpkins, with sketch creators Day and Moynihan also returning for their roles. SNL writer Streeter Seidell will lend his voice to a character, and Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage is also set to guest-star.
As far as the plot goes, the special will reportedly be about “David S. Pumpkins and his skeletons teaching a boy and his sister about the meaning of Halloween, ‘answering none of their questions along the way.’”
Hanks recently teased David S. Pumpkins’ return with a pic of a script page for some kind of Halloween song on Twitter.
Any questions? Hanx. pic.twitter.com/6rv6Cxx3DH— Tom Hanks (@tomhanks) September 14, 2017
The special will air Oct. 28 at 11:30pm ET/PT.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.