- Viral video shows an egg getting a hot makeover Tuesday 7:56 PM
- New Netflix feature broadcasts what you’re watching via Instagram Tuesday 6:11 PM
- Videos show alleged Covington teens harassing women, making rape jokes at march Tuesday 4:13 PM
- MAGA teen gets ‘Today Show’ interview—and people are pissed Tuesday 3:38 PM
- Family says hacker sent fake North Korean missile warning through Nest camera Tuesday 2:42 PM
- This Arizona bill would tax internet porn to fund a border wall Tuesday 2:41 PM
- This meme is asking people how they draw the letter X Tuesday 1:18 PM
- Charlie Kirk’s love of U.S. healthcare system put to the test after back problems Tuesday 1:12 PM
- Fyre Fest caterer who was left broke has received $160,000 in donations Tuesday 12:58 PM
- The YouTuber who taught a dog to give the Nazi salute on command can’t find a job Tuesday 12:24 PM
- The ‘oh yeah yeah’ meme is flooding YouTube—and KSI can’t deal Tuesday 12:20 PM
- Did this d*ck-drawing Instagram star steal her gag from a rival runner? Tuesday 12:00 PM
- Rep. Steve King, best known for his racism, tweets a fake MLK quote Tuesday 11:54 AM
- Facebook is helping husbands ‘brainwash’ their wives with targeted ads Tuesday 11:35 AM
- Twitch streamer Pink_Sparkles responds to gamers who don’t think she belongs Tuesday 11:29 AM
‘SNL’ is giving David S. Pumpkins a Halloween spinoff starring Tom Hanks
If David S. Pumpkins was your boy last Halloween, get ready, because he’s about to get his own animated special.
The popular Tom Hanks character first appeared on last year’s Halloween episode of Saturday Night Live, in a sketch called “Haunted Elevator.” It featured Hanks dressed in a pumpkin suit as mystery man David S. Pumpkins, on an elevator with two skeleton dancers played by SNL‘s Mikey Day and Bobby Moynihan. If it sounds simple and bizarre, that’s exactly right.
The new half-hour animated special is appropriately named The David S. Pumpkins Halloween Special. According to Deadline, Hanks will return as Pumpkins, with sketch creators Day and Moynihan also returning for their roles. SNL writer Streeter Seidell will lend his voice to a character, and Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage is also set to guest-star.
As far as the plot goes, the special will reportedly be about “David S. Pumpkins and his skeletons teaching a boy and his sister about the meaning of Halloween, ‘answering none of their questions along the way.’”
Hanks recently teased David S. Pumpkins’ return with a pic of a script page for some kind of Halloween song on Twitter.
Any questions? Hanx. pic.twitter.com/6rv6Cxx3DH
— Tom Hanks (@tomhanks) September 14, 2017
The special will air Oct. 28 at 11:30pm ET/PT.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.