- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Monday 11:33 AM
‘I get to wear the school sweatshirt and hold a trombone.’
Golden Globe-nominated actor David Harbour made one lucky teen’s 2018 by posing in her high school senior portraits.
In October, California student Damaris Fregoso tweeted at Harbour to ask how many retweets she would need to convince him to participate in her senior portrait shoot.
“25,” he tweeted back. “And I get to wear the school sweatshirt and hold a trombone.”
Three months and more than 25,000 retweets later, Harbour and Fregoso headed to the studio on Thursday for some epic senior photos.
.@DavidKHarbour how many retweets for you take my senior photos with me— damaris ◟̽◞̽ (@postydamaris) October 29, 2017
There's still some good in the world pic.twitter.com/gJHazofJhh— Chris Evangelista (@cevangelista413) January 12, 2018
Harbour was nominated for a 2018 Golden Globe for best supporting actor and won a Critics’ Choice Award on Thursday in the same category for his role as Jim Hopper on Stranger Things. Though Harbour plays a shady, untrustworthy character in the series, he came through with his promise to the Orestimba High student.
Fregoso happily fulfilled Harbour’s conditions, and in the photos, the actor sports a hoodie with her high school’s name and holds a trombone.
“Voted most likely to hijack someone’s high school senior photos 24 years later,” Harbour wrote in an Instagram post.
Apparently, Harbour not only modeled with pom poms and a trombone but played a bit of the instrument as well. “David was playing the trombone and i gave that an A,” Fregoso wrote. “Little rough but well played!”
oh i forgot to say yesterday david was playing the trombone and i gave that an A, little rough but well played! 😂— damaris ◟̽◞̽ (@postydamaris) January 11, 2018
Sarah Jasmine Montgomery is a Daily Dot contributor whose writing and criticism cover all things pop culture, with an emphasis on how communities of color impact physical and digital cultural spaces. Her writing and photography have also appeared in Texas Monthly, the Fader, Complex, and Billboard.