- How to watch Pacquiao vs. Broner online Today 9:00 AM
- What does IMO mean? Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Trigger Warning with Killer Mike’ digs into America’s wounds with a wink and a black flag Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch Tigres vs. Cruz Azul online for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Arsenal vs. Chelsea online for free Today 5:21 AM
- How to watch Borussia Dortmund vs. RB Leipzig online for free Today 5:07 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Sevilla online for free Today 4:48 AM
- Netflix says ‘Fortnite’ is more competition than HBO Friday 8:25 PM
- This computer-generated Insta model looks staggeringly real Friday 7:15 PM
- Netflix is bringing back ‘Unsolved Mysteries’ with ‘Stranger Things’ producer Friday 6:42 PM
- Facebook is creating a meme feature to bring back the teens Friday 4:13 PM
- A hitman’s smartwatch helped send him to prison for life Friday 4:05 PM
- Privacy group files complaints against Netlifx, Spotify for GDPR violations Friday 3:02 PM
- Bikini Kill reunion show sale proves the internet is still hell for live music fans Friday 2:55 PM
- Teen’s photo of Nazi-themed school-dance invite goes viral Friday 2:31 PM
‘I get to wear the school sweatshirt and hold a trombone.’
Golden Globe-nominated actor David Harbour made one lucky teen’s 2018 by posing in her high school senior portraits.
In October, California student Damaris Fregoso tweeted at Harbour to ask how many retweets she would need to convince him to participate in her senior portrait shoot.
“25,” he tweeted back. “And I get to wear the school sweatshirt and hold a trombone.”
Three months and more than 25,000 retweets later, Harbour and Fregoso headed to the studio on Thursday for some epic senior photos.
.@DavidKHarbour how many retweets for you take my senior photos with me
— damaris ◟̽◞̽ (@postydamaris) October 29, 2017
There's still some good in the world pic.twitter.com/gJHazofJhh
— Chris Evangelista (@cevangelista413) January 12, 2018
Harbour was nominated for a 2018 Golden Globe for best supporting actor and won a Critics’ Choice Award on Thursday in the same category for his role as Jim Hopper on Stranger Things. Though Harbour plays a shady, untrustworthy character in the series, he came through with his promise to the Orestimba High student.
Fregoso happily fulfilled Harbour’s conditions, and in the photos, the actor sports a hoodie with her high school’s name and holds a trombone.
“Voted most likely to hijack someone’s high school senior photos 24 years later,” Harbour wrote in an Instagram post.
Apparently, Harbour not only modeled with pom poms and a trombone but played a bit of the instrument as well. “David was playing the trombone and i gave that an A,” Fregoso wrote. “Little rough but well played!”
oh i forgot to say yesterday david was playing the trombone and i gave that an A, little rough but well played! 😂
— damaris ◟̽◞̽ (@postydamaris) January 11, 2018
Sarah Jasmine Montgomery is a Daily Dot contributor whose writing and criticism cover all things pop culture, with an emphasis on how communities of color impact physical and digital cultural spaces. Her writing and photography have also appeared in Texas Monthly, the Fader, Complex, and Billboard.