- A handy guide to deciding which VSCO filter your photo needs 2 Years Ago
- Mom calls out teacher for painting fake bullet wound on her son’s face 2 Years Ago
- It’s time to find the right router for your home 2 Years Ago
- Matt Gaetz attempts to storm impeachment hearing with a phalanx of elderly white men Today 11:17 AM
- Maxine Waters rips into Zuckerberg during Libra hearing Today 11:05 AM
- Chrissy Teigen draws the ire of QAnon fans for criticizing conspiracy Today 10:43 AM
- This Twitch streamer was shocked to discover a fan made videos of all her sneezes Today 9:28 AM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ episode title reveal highlights how dumb episode title reveals are Today 9:27 AM
- Ajit Pai is unhappy states are bucking his agency’s net neutrality repeal Today 9:04 AM
- Paul Rudd’s appearance on ‘Hot Ones’ becomes an instantly iconic meme Today 8:23 AM
- Network of fake news sites in Michigan appears to be right-wing propaganda effort Today 6:30 AM
- ‘BoJack Horseman’ hints at a brutal reckoning in its final season Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Slavia Praha in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Ajax in the Champions League Today 1:00 AM
- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
Danny Masterson has reportedly been written out of Netflix’s comedy The Ranch after multiple rape reports against the actor. In a statement Tuesday, a spokesperson for the streaming giant said, “As a result of ongoing discussions, Netflix and the producers have written Danny Masterson out of The Ranch, … Yesterday was his last day on the show, and production will resume in early 2018 without him.”
The news comes days after reports that the company might have been dragging its feet on Masterson’s case, a surprise considering its swift removal of Kevin Spacey from House of Cards just a month ago. This past weekend, a Netflix executive named Andy Yeatman reportedly told a woman the company “doesn’t believe” Masterson’s accusers when he was approached at a kids’ soccer game.
3. Breaking: Netflix has ousted @dannymasterson from "The Ranch" amid multiple rape allegations. For the first time in fifteen years, the four women who say that Masterson raped them feel like they've been heard. https://t.co/nQgyXJOe92— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) December 5, 2017
Masterson’s departure comes amid mounting pressure: Four women have said that the actor raped them. In late November, At the Drive-In frontman Cedric Bixler-Zavala tweeted a thread on behalf of his wife Chrissie Carnell Bixler, who claims the former That 70s Show star raped her and that the Church of Scientology is impeding the investigation. The Los Angeles County District Attorney and Los Angeles Police Department are both currently investigating allegations against Masterson.
Part four of The Ranch is still set to premiere on Dec. 15 as scheduled, with additional episodes coming sometime in 2018. Netflix has not yet addressed whether Masterson will be allowed to keep his executive producer credit on the series.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.