- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
Conor McGregor’s suit had special message for Floyd Mayweather.
It’s pretty much a foregone conclusion that Floyd Mayweather is going to destroy Conor McGregor in their upcoming fight. Mayweather might be older and he might have been out of the game for two years, but he’s also an undefeated boxer that is universally considered one of the greatest of all-time. McGregor is an amazing MMA fighter, but he’ll be out of his element in a boxing match, and if his training video is any indication, way out of his element. Not that it really matters. McGregor is set make at least $75 million, win or lose.
Without much of a fight to look forward to, the promoters are concentrating on the pre-show shenanigans. There are four press conferences scheduled, where the two can do what people love watching fighters do most: talk for half an hour. McGregor, though, decided to let his clothes do some of the talking for him. He wore a custom-made pinstripe suit which, as he pointed out, says “fuck you” over and over.
The suit says fuck you pic.twitter.com/y5pargzIsC
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) July 12, 2017
Naturally, people on Twitter fell in love with the suit.
I will take 10 of Conor McGregor's suit plz and thank u pic.twitter.com/cwTIzeEy2d
— Casey Baker (@CaseyBake16) July 11, 2017
Respect the hell out of Conor McGregor's 'fuck you' pinstripe suit pic.twitter.com/8xb725RIya
— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) July 11, 2017
CONOR MCGREGOR'S SUIT IS 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 pic.twitter.com/IzLwlj23Vc
— Peter Laviolette (@fakelavy) July 12, 2017
McGregor even joked that because of Mayweather’s tax problems, Mayweather couldn’t even afford a suit for the press conference. “He’s in fucking track suit! He can’t afford a suit anymore!”
The shit talking didn’t go too far. Unlike Ronda Rousey, McGregor stopped short of calling Mayweather out on his repeated physical abuse of women. Which just goes to show, professional wrestling isn’t the only sport where the drama is all scripted.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.