- Instagram has mixed feelings about Mindy Kaling supporting Aziz Ansari Saturday 5:02 PM
- Donald Trump keeps pushing his unsubstantiated voter fraud claims Saturday 4:09 PM
- Report: YouTube will no longer run ads on anti-vax channels Saturday 2:54 PM
- Microsoft employees want to cancel a $479 million contract with the U.S. military Saturday 1:14 PM
- Queso recipe gets launched to space Saturday 10:09 AM
- ‘Isabelle Facts’ was a wholesome queer meme account—until harassers showed up Saturday 8:28 AM
- 2016 election stories the ‘Newsroom’ reboot will cover Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Brandon Rios vs. Humberto Soto for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ heads to ‘Bly Manor’ for next installment Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to stream James DeGale vs. Chris Eubank Jr. for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 145 in Prague for free Saturday 5:00 AM
- R. Kelly charged in Chicago with multiple counts of sex abuse Friday 7:51 PM
- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
Conor McGregor’s suit had special message for Floyd Mayweather.
It’s pretty much a foregone conclusion that Floyd Mayweather is going to destroy Conor McGregor in their upcoming fight. Mayweather might be older and he might have been out of the game for two years, but he’s also an undefeated boxer that is universally considered one of the greatest of all-time. McGregor is an amazing MMA fighter, but he’ll be out of his element in a boxing match, and if his training video is any indication, way out of his element. Not that it really matters. McGregor is set make at least $75 million, win or lose.
Without much of a fight to look forward to, the promoters are concentrating on the pre-show shenanigans. There are four press conferences scheduled, where the two can do what people love watching fighters do most: talk for half an hour. McGregor, though, decided to let his clothes do some of the talking for him. He wore a custom-made pinstripe suit which, as he pointed out, says “fuck you” over and over.
The suit says fuck you pic.twitter.com/y5pargzIsC
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) July 12, 2017
Naturally, people on Twitter fell in love with the suit.
I will take 10 of Conor McGregor's suit plz and thank u pic.twitter.com/cwTIzeEy2d
— Casey Baker (@CaseyBake16) July 11, 2017
Respect the hell out of Conor McGregor's 'fuck you' pinstripe suit pic.twitter.com/8xb725RIya
— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) July 11, 2017
CONOR MCGREGOR'S SUIT IS 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 pic.twitter.com/IzLwlj23Vc
— Peter Laviolette (@fakelavy) July 12, 2017
McGregor even joked that because of Mayweather’s tax problems, Mayweather couldn’t even afford a suit for the press conference. “He’s in fucking track suit! He can’t afford a suit anymore!”
The shit talking didn’t go too far. Unlike Ronda Rousey, McGregor stopped short of calling Mayweather out on his repeated physical abuse of women. Which just goes to show, professional wrestling isn’t the only sport where the drama is all scripted.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.