- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines 2 Years Ago
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Today 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Today 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Today 2:49 PM
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts Today 2:23 PM
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Today 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Today 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Today 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Today 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Today 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Today 10:52 AM
- Twitch star TF Blade banned for racial slur—but he swears he didn’t say it Today 10:43 AM
- Steve King says backlash to white nationalism comment was like what Jesus went through Today 10:23 AM
- Netflix movies are still eligible for Oscars, Academy rules Today 10:21 AM
- Sheriff’s deputy makes homophobic comments on Facebook after gay teen’s suicide Today 10:02 AM
Conor McGregor’s suit had special message for Floyd Mayweather.
It’s pretty much a foregone conclusion that Floyd Mayweather is going to destroy Conor McGregor in their upcoming fight. Mayweather might be older and he might have been out of the game for two years, but he’s also an undefeated boxer that is universally considered one of the greatest of all-time. McGregor is an amazing MMA fighter, but he’ll be out of his element in a boxing match, and if his training video is any indication, way out of his element. Not that it really matters. McGregor is set make at least $75 million, win or lose.
Without much of a fight to look forward to, the promoters are concentrating on the pre-show shenanigans. There are four press conferences scheduled, where the two can do what people love watching fighters do most: talk for half an hour. McGregor, though, decided to let his clothes do some of the talking for him. He wore a custom-made pinstripe suit which, as he pointed out, says “fuck you” over and over.
The suit says fuck you pic.twitter.com/y5pargzIsC
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) July 12, 2017
Naturally, people on Twitter fell in love with the suit.
I will take 10 of Conor McGregor's suit plz and thank u pic.twitter.com/cwTIzeEy2d
— Casey Baker (@CaseyBake16) July 11, 2017
Respect the hell out of Conor McGregor's 'fuck you' pinstripe suit pic.twitter.com/8xb725RIya
— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) July 11, 2017
CONOR MCGREGOR'S SUIT IS 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 pic.twitter.com/IzLwlj23Vc
— Peter Laviolette (@fakelavy) July 12, 2017
McGregor even joked that because of Mayweather’s tax problems, Mayweather couldn’t even afford a suit for the press conference. “He’s in fucking track suit! He can’t afford a suit anymore!”
The shit talking didn’t go too far. Unlike Ronda Rousey, McGregor stopped short of calling Mayweather out on his repeated physical abuse of women. Which just goes to show, professional wrestling isn’t the only sport where the drama is all scripted.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.