- Trump signed an ego tweet sheet for Tomi Lahren–and it features conspiracy theorists Wednesday 6:59 PM
- Attorneys say ICE deleted evidence pertaining to transgender asylum seeker’s death Wednesday 6:24 PM
- Everything you need to know about VSCO filter codes Wednesday 6:17 PM
- Are users prepared to pay for Gmail storage space? Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Facebook pledges $1 billion to fight housing crisis it helped create Wednesday 5:16 PM
- Lizzo officially credits ‘DNA test’ tweet writer on ‘Truth Hurts’ Wednesday 4:50 PM
- Pornhub takes down videos secretly filmed in a college women’s locker room Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google Maps on iPhone now shows you speed traps Wednesday 3:47 PM
- Here’s why you’re seeing ‘rise and shine’ all over social media Wednesday 3:45 PM
- AOC grills Zuckerberg over false political ads on Facebook Wednesday 3:27 PM
- Fox News promotes pro-faith, anti-antifa film ‘The Reliant’ Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Cardi B to star in ‘Fast & Furious 9’ Wednesday 3:12 PM
- AOC on opening her DMs: ‘By this morning, it was trash’ Wednesday 2:26 PM
- The ending to Netflix’s ‘Eli’ has divided viewers Wednesday 2:07 PM
- Teen consumes ungodly amount of meat, becomes meme Wednesday 2:07 PM
Sports can be divisive. Championship games as epic as the Super Bowl can pit East Coast against West Coast, father against brother, and even Captain America against Star-Lord. That’s right, when it comes to Super Bowl XLIX, there’s a lot more at stake for celebrity BFFs Chris Evans and Chris Pratt than just bragging rights.
On Monday, Evans, an avid New England Patriots fan, took to Twitter to troll his fellow Chris with a bit of trash talk. But given Pratt’s unabashed love of the Seahawks, there was no way he was going to let his team’s honor go undefended.
Of course, Evans, being the gambling man that he is, had to prove he was the bigger man by taking the smack talk to the next level. So he placed stakes on the game. But never fear, these celebrity superheroes aren’t betting anything as petty as cold hard cash or a Lamborghini. Instead, the outcome of the wager is all about charity.
Given how handsome Pratt looks when he’s prancing around children’s hospitals in his Star-Lord get up, we kind of hope the Seahawks lose. But no matter which team ends up walking away with the Vince Lombardi trophy on Feb. 1, the Evans–Pratt charity bet will produce a lot of winners.
Update 3:15pm CT: Looks like Pratt couldn’t resist making a little #DeflateGate joke in his attempt to have the last word.
Stay tuned for reports from both camps after the big game.Photo via popculturegeek/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.