- Fortnite streamer Tfue sues gaming organization FaZe Clan over contract dispute Today 12:28 AM
- Report finds some users can’t opt out of Facebook’s face recognition Monday 7:27 PM
- Get emotional over this real-life pastor baptizing an anime girl in virtual reality Monday 6:53 PM
- Twitter wants to know what Jack in the Box did to offend Kim Kardashian Monday 6:38 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ meme claims King’s Landing is an ‘inside job’ Monday 6:06 PM
- Report: Personal data of 49 million Instagram influencers exposed online Monday 4:57 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer Monday 4:02 PM
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda Monday 3:12 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Monday 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Monday 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Monday 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Monday 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Monday 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Monday 11:36 AM
Chris Evans and Chris Pratt place epic Super Bowl bet in the name of charity
When Captain America faces off against Star Lord, you know it’s gonna be serious.
Sports can be divisive. Championship games as epic as the Super Bowl can pit East Coast against West Coast, father against brother, and even Captain America against Star-Lord. That’s right, when it comes to Super Bowl XLIX, there’s a lot more at stake for celebrity BFFs Chris Evans and Chris Pratt than just bragging rights.
On Monday, Evans, an avid New England Patriots fan, took to Twitter to troll his fellow Chris with a bit of trash talk. But given Pratt’s unabashed love of the Seahawks, there was no way he was going to let his team’s honor go undefended.
Of course, Evans, being the gambling man that he is, had to prove he was the bigger man by taking the smack talk to the next level. So he placed stakes on the game. But never fear, these celebrity superheroes aren’t betting anything as petty as cold hard cash or a Lamborghini. Instead, the outcome of the wager is all about charity.
Given how handsome Pratt looks when he’s prancing around children’s hospitals in his Star-Lord get up, we kind of hope the Seahawks lose. But no matter which team ends up walking away with the Vince Lombardi trophy on Feb. 1, the Evans–Pratt charity bet will produce a lot of winners.
Update 3:15pm CT: Looks like Pratt couldn’t resist making a little #DeflateGate joke in his attempt to have the last word.
Stay tuned for reports from both camps after the big game.Photo via popculturegeek/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.