- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby 5 Years Ago
- Buttigieg used Kenyan stock photo to promote plan for Black America Today 2:29 PM
- Disney+ is the best streaming service for families available today Today 1:43 PM
- Netflix to amend Nazi docuseries after being accused of rewriting history Today 1:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about TikTok Today 1:00 PM
- Screaming drummer girl steals hearts with passionate Nirvana cover Today 12:50 PM
- The Kardashians receiving backlash for food fight Instagram post Today 10:26 AM
- How to stream Artem Lobov vs. Jason Knight in BKFC Today 9:00 AM
- Lizzo sued by Postmates runner she accused of stealing her food Today 8:39 AM
- How to stream Jan Blachowicz vs. Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza on UFC Fight Night Today 8:00 AM
- How to watch Georgia vs. Auburn live Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Navy vs. Notre Dame live Today 3:30 AM
- The actor who played Greedo is just as confused by ‘maclunkey’ as you are Friday 4:57 PM
- AirPods are getting that sweet, sweet Black Friday price drop Friday 4:24 PM
- Looking for a Nintendo Switch? Black Friday deals are here Friday 4:04 PM
Sports can be divisive. Championship games as epic as the Super Bowl can pit East Coast against West Coast, father against brother, and even Captain America against Star-Lord. That’s right, when it comes to Super Bowl XLIX, there’s a lot more at stake for celebrity BFFs Chris Evans and Chris Pratt than just bragging rights.
On Monday, Evans, an avid New England Patriots fan, took to Twitter to troll his fellow Chris with a bit of trash talk. But given Pratt’s unabashed love of the Seahawks, there was no way he was going to let his team’s honor go undefended.
Of course, Evans, being the gambling man that he is, had to prove he was the bigger man by taking the smack talk to the next level. So he placed stakes on the game. But never fear, these celebrity superheroes aren’t betting anything as petty as cold hard cash or a Lamborghini. Instead, the outcome of the wager is all about charity.
Given how handsome Pratt looks when he’s prancing around children’s hospitals in his Star-Lord get up, we kind of hope the Seahawks lose. But no matter which team ends up walking away with the Vince Lombardi trophy on Feb. 1, the Evans–Pratt charity bet will produce a lot of winners.
Update 3:15pm CT: Looks like Pratt couldn’t resist making a little #DeflateGate joke in his attempt to have the last word.
Stay tuned for reports from both camps after the big game.Photo via popculturegeek/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.