- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Wednesday 2:03 PM
- Reddit users share stories of the worst things guests have done in their homes Wednesday 1:25 PM
- WikiLeaks lawyer says Trump offered Assange a pardon—if he’d deny Russian hack Wednesday 1:16 PM
- 6-year-old placed in psychiatric facility for ‘trantrum’ is seen acting calm in body cam footage Wednesday 1:05 PM
- Amy Klobuchar devouring Ivanka Trump is the 2020 vore crossover no one wanted Wednesday 12:32 PM
- Review: Hulu’s ‘Devs’ is a brilliant work of near-future science fiction Wednesday 11:53 AM
- Rapper Pop Smoke dead at 20 Wednesday 11:42 AM
- KSI says he will back Team YouTube if Logan Paul fights Antonio Brown Wednesday 11:29 AM
Cardi B is ready for her close-up.
The Bronx-born stripper turned rapper has successfully shifted into acting. Cardi was on the set of Fast and Furious 9, according to actor/Fast producer Vin Diesel’s Instagram. It appears Cardi has been cast in the latest installation of the profitable and popular Fast franchise.
“Day 86 here on the set of Fast 9,” he revealed in an Instagram video while sitting alongside Cardi. “I know I’m exhausted … We all gave every single thing we could for this movie. Put it all on the table.”
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Vin Diesel (@vindiesel) on
“I’m tired,” she replied. “But I can’t wait. I ain’t gonna front, I think this is gonna be the best one.”
Earlier this month on Ellen, the rapper told host Ellen DeGeneres that she was completing another film. However, she complained about the arduous filmmaking process during Hustlers.
“I couldn’t believe I was on set for 16 hours,” Cardi said. “It’s like, ‘Is this what actors and actresses gotta go through?'”
“Artists, we have long days but it’s just full of excitement. We move around, we doin’ something,” Cardi explained. “[Acting], you like, you gotta wait on the trailer until it’s your turn. You gotta do the same scene 20 times.”
Fast 9, directed by franchise-regular Justin Lin, will also star Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Nathalie Emmanuel, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, John Cena, Jordana Brewster, and Helen Mirren. Fans will also see the return of Charlize Theron, reprising her role as the badass “Cypher.”
The latest installment of the franchise currently opens in theatres on May 22, 2020.
- Netflix’s ‘Rhythm + Flow’ will impress fans of hip-hop and reality television
- Here’s how to stream every ‘The Fast and the Furious’ movie before ‘Hobbs and Shaw’
- The best order to watch the ‘Fast and Furious’ movies
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.