- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Today 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Today 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Today 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream Today 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Today 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Today 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Today 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Today 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Today 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
Ariana Grande has had a busy week. Between news about her new album Sweetener, set to drop in July, and her engagement to Saturday Night Live star Pete Davidson, it’s no wonder Grande’s Twitter feed has been abuzz.
Following a string of cryptic tweets from the past week, Grande sent out another mysterious message on Monday evening. This time she wrote to fellow pop star Camila Cabello, sparking rumors of a possible collaboration.
we need to talk @camila_cabello— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) June 12, 2018
Collab or divorce? Djjdskskdkkf lol— yareen♡ (@yareen69) June 12, 2018
Though many users were left speculating on the meaning of her latest post, some savvy fans made the connection instantly. Those who were familiar with the singers’ close friendship replied with GIFs and photos of the two together and pointed out instances of them referring to each other as “wife.”
Because Grande is getting married to Davidson, as fans concluded, it means that her and Cabello’s “marriage” sadly has to end.
The ominous message soon turned into a sweet interaction between the two. Cabello jokingly responded to the news of Grande’s engagement with playful indignation, confirming fans’ theories about the initial tweet.
u keep the kids I’LL be keeping the cannolis @camila_cabello thank you— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) June 12, 2018
see u in court ...... pic.twitter.com/7uUf82quU5— camila (@Camila_Cabello) June 12, 2018
Despite Grande’s potential custody battle over the cannolis and pets, we doubt the newly-engaged singer is too upset. According to TMZ, Davidson allegedly spent nearly $100,000 on Grande’s custom-made engagement ring. Beats the dogs, doesn’t it?
H/T BuzzFeed News
Kristina Nguyen is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot. She is studying journalism and American studies at the University of Texas at Austin. She has previously contributed to Orange magazine and Silk Club's QUIET! zine.