- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ 7 Years Ago
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app 7 Years Ago
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
Buzzed: Azealia Banks vs. Perez Hilton, plus JGL’s face
Twitter users took offense when Azealia Banks used a charged word against gossip blogger Perez Hilton.
In Buzzed, we take a look at three things that trended over the weekend while you were away from your keyboard getting buzzed.
A Twitter war broke out between gossip hound Perez Hilton and rapper/seapunk enthusiast/Tumblr fave Azealia Banks late Friday which left some fans of the rapper angry at her for using the word “faggot.” It began when Hilton took the side of Angel Haze, who dissed Banks in a feud late last week.
Banks tweeted at Hilton calling him a “messy faggot” and using other homophobically laced insults, like “dickbreath” and “gobble a dick.” Despite fans calling out Banks for her usage of the controversial word, the bisexual singer said her sexuality and the context she was using it in made her usage fine. She defended herself, tweeting “A faggot is not a homosexual male. A faggot is any male who acts like a female. There’s a BIG difference.”
On Sunday, gay rights group GLAAD condemned Banks. “This word is used almost universally by bullies, often as part of a larger verbal or physical assault. This word hurts those kids, no matter what Banks meant by it,” the group stated. Oh, and Banks’ debut album is due out Feb. 12.
Here’s a picture of Tumblr power user and actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt with his dad at a Los Angeles Lakers game Sunday night. So that’s where JGL gets his perfectly sculpted face.
Remember Jamiroquai? The British funk band that burst onto the music scene in mid 1990s with the breakout hit “Virtual Insanity”? Well, they’re back! They released a new song called “Lifeline” on their SoundCloud account, and it’s the perfect boogie for your Monday morning.
Photo via Steve Hunt/Flickr
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.