- Laura Ingraham mocks Rep. Ilhan Omar’s accent in audio clip Sunday 5:46 PM
- #ExposeChristianSchools goes viral after Karen Pence and Covington Catholic School uproars Sunday 4:37 PM
- People have started laundering money on Fortnite Sunday 3:03 PM
- Cardi B claps back at Tomi Lahren’s sarcastic tweet Sunday 1:25 PM
- Twitter may have exposed Android users’ private tweets Sunday 12:13 PM
- Leave Me Alurn is the ‘SNL’ product we wish existed in real life Sunday 10:06 AM
- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free Sunday 8:15 AM
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Sunday 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Sunday 1:00 AM
Twitter users took offense when Azealia Banks used a charged word against gossip blogger Perez Hilton.
In Buzzed, we take a look at three things that trended over the weekend while you were away from your keyboard getting buzzed.
A Twitter war broke out between gossip hound Perez Hilton and rapper/seapunk enthusiast/Tumblr fave Azealia Banks late Friday which left some fans of the rapper angry at her for using the word “faggot.” It began when Hilton took the side of Angel Haze, who dissed Banks in a feud late last week.
Banks tweeted at Hilton calling him a “messy faggot” and using other homophobically laced insults, like “dickbreath” and “gobble a dick.” Despite fans calling out Banks for her usage of the controversial word, the bisexual singer said her sexuality and the context she was using it in made her usage fine. She defended herself, tweeting “A faggot is not a homosexual male. A faggot is any male who acts like a female. There’s a BIG difference.”
On Sunday, gay rights group GLAAD condemned Banks. “This word is used almost universally by bullies, often as part of a larger verbal or physical assault. This word hurts those kids, no matter what Banks meant by it,” the group stated. Oh, and Banks’ debut album is due out Feb. 12.
Here’s a picture of Tumblr power user and actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt with his dad at a Los Angeles Lakers game Sunday night. So that’s where JGL gets his perfectly sculpted face.
Remember Jamiroquai? The British funk band that burst onto the music scene in mid 1990s with the breakout hit “Virtual Insanity”? Well, they’re back! They released a new song called “Lifeline” on their SoundCloud account, and it’s the perfect boogie for your Monday morning.
Photo via Steve Hunt/Flickr
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.