- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ 2 Years Ago
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options 2 Years Ago
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision 2 Years Ago
- YouTube mom who was charged with child abuse dead at 48 2 Years Ago
- Every Marvel Cinematic Universe movie and show missing from Disney+ (and when they’ll show up) Today 11:35 AM
- HBO Max is planning a ‘Friends’ reunion special Today 11:10 AM
- 18 games you’ll want to have for all your holiday parties Today 11:09 AM
- Why the internet is obsessed with the Home Depot song Today 11:04 AM
- What are the ‘nude pictures’ of Trump Devin Nunes keeps bringing up? Today 10:40 AM
- How to watch tonight’s fire Clippers vs. Rockets matchup online Today 9:27 AM
- Ilhan Omar says Stephen Miller emails prove he’s a ‘white nationalist Today 9:00 AM
- YouTubers Trisha Paytas and Gabbie Hanna are feuding—and it’s gotten nasty Today 8:40 AM
- Can buttoned-up Elizabeth Warren memes bring order to a chaotic 2020 election? Today 8:17 AM
- Best CBD edibles: Tried and true favorites from a girl who is obsessed with CBD Today 7:59 AM
- ‘High School Musical: The Musical: The Series’ is a note-perfect Gen Z spin-off Today 7:51 AM
The pair took a trip to Massachusetts—which just so happened to be the setting of their TV series—this week, and they got around to reminiscing. In a series of Philipps’ signature diary-like Instagram stories, the two ladies dished about which co-stars they got to kiss while filming. If that sounds like a snippet Teen People would have run in 2001… you’re probably right.
“So Michelle, you dated both Pacey and Dawson,” Philipps starts in the video (as Frank Ocean plays in the background).
Over the course of a few videos, as Williams lists her makeout partners (which includes “a threesome” and Michael Pitt), Philipps slowly realizes that her character… maybe only made out with one person during her time on the series.
PSA: Busy Philipps and Michelle Williams are in Massachusetts rn reminiscing about who they made out with on Dawson's Creek pic.twitter.com/bysBAI4Wkx— A.B. (@AlannaBennett) September 11, 2017
I mean who hasn't sat on a porch reminiscing about who they've made out with in their lives pic.twitter.com/hqivwHErLs— A.B. (@AlannaBennett) September 11, 2017
Then Philipps gets to play the role of “civilian correspondent” and explain the success of former love interest Jensen Ackles to Williams, who has probably never heard of Supernatural.
“They have their own comic cons,” she says. “They own a plane!”
My fave is the two of them marveling at the ongoing success of Jensen Ackles and Supernatural. "They have their own comic-cons!" pic.twitter.com/S2ewAvCRia— A.B. (@AlannaBennett) September 11, 2017
As a cherry on top, the duo found an appropriately creek-y dock to stare pensively out at the horizon from:
A post shared by Busy Philipps (@busyphilipps) on
Sometimes stars truly are just like us.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.