- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Monday 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Monday 2:54 PM
The pair took a trip to Massachusetts—which just so happened to be the setting of their TV series—this week, and they got around to reminiscing. In a series of Philipps’ signature diary-like Instagram stories, the two ladies dished about which co-stars they got to kiss while filming. If that sounds like a snippet Teen People would have run in 2001… you’re probably right.
“So Michelle, you dated both Pacey and Dawson,” Philipps starts in the video (as Frank Ocean plays in the background).
Over the course of a few videos, as Williams lists her makeout partners (which includes “a threesome” and Michael Pitt), Philipps slowly realizes that her character… maybe only made out with one person during her time on the series.
PSA: Busy Philipps and Michelle Williams are in Massachusetts rn reminiscing about who they made out with on Dawson's Creek pic.twitter.com/bysBAI4Wkx— A.B. (@AlannaBennett) September 11, 2017
I mean who hasn't sat on a porch reminiscing about who they've made out with in their lives pic.twitter.com/hqivwHErLs— A.B. (@AlannaBennett) September 11, 2017
Then Philipps gets to play the role of “civilian correspondent” and explain the success of former love interest Jensen Ackles to Williams, who has probably never heard of Supernatural.
“They have their own comic cons,” she says. “They own a plane!”
My fave is the two of them marveling at the ongoing success of Jensen Ackles and Supernatural. "They have their own comic-cons!" pic.twitter.com/S2ewAvCRia— A.B. (@AlannaBennett) September 11, 2017
As a cherry on top, the duo found an appropriately creek-y dock to stare pensively out at the horizon from:
A post shared by Busy Philipps (@busyphilipps) on
Sometimes stars truly are just like us.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.