- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Today 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Today 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Today 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Today 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Today 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Today 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Today 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Today 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Today 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Today 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Today 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
Her T-shirt says it all.
In September, Attorney General Jeff Sessions ended the Deferred Actions for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, putting thousands of legally-working undocumented immigrants at risk of deportation. Now, as immigration activists push for Congress to pass a clean Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act to protect immigrants from deportation and to give them a path to citizenship, Britney Spears wants to enlist your help.
On Friday night, Spears shared a classic full-body photo of herself wearing a black T-shirt with the statement, “We are all Dreamers.”
“Tell Congress to pass the #DreamAct,” she urged, linking to Emerson Collective, a California nonprofit encouraging immigration reform that created the shirt.
— Britney Spears (@britneyspears) December 23, 2017
Spears’ fans flipped for the star’s support of Dreamers, the undocumented immigrants who would be affected by the legislation.
I HAVE QUITE A FEW FAVES… but she’s the only one to step out and explicitly state her support. She has such a good heart and that’s why I love her so much.
— Blue Ivy's Au Pair (@MikeyTBH) December 23, 2017
ended Trump omg
— sam (@toxickilos) December 23, 2017
— AJ (@heyandrewjoel) December 23, 2017
Nothing but respect for MY president. https://t.co/zhIH9HYyCY
— Matt Stopera (@mattstopera) December 23, 2017
— Myles Tanzer (@mylestanzer) December 23, 2017
Last Wednesday, Dreamer activists rallied at Capitol Hill to protest the passing of the spending bill until it includes a version of the DREAM Act without concessions for border wall or security funding, according to Democracy Now. Without a DREAM act, 700,000 undocumented immigrants are at risk of being deported once their two-year DACA permits expire, with more than 13,000 people having already lost their DACA permits since September.
In the words of Spears herself, “You better call Congress, bitch.”
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.