- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream 2 Years Ago
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Today 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Today 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Today 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Today 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture Today 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Today 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Today 12:01 PM
- ‘We vape, we vote’ movement insists it’s real in wake of bot reports Today 12:01 PM
- Netflix will finally start cracking down on password sharing Today 11:48 AM
- PSAT memes are back! This year on TikTok and amid College Board crackdown Today 11:20 AM
- Scotland grants pardons to men, trans women convicted under homophobic laws Today 10:45 AM
- Cole Carrigan again accuses Austin McBroom of sexual assault Today 9:58 AM
- Trump’s condolences for Elijah Cummings ripped apart Today 9:24 AM
- How to watch ‘Hocus Pocus’ right now Today 9:18 AM
Danity Kane singer Aubrey O’Day reportedly had an affair with Donald Trump Jr. in 2011 after both crossed paths on Celebrity Apprentice. And she probably wrote an R&B song about it two years later.
Page Six reported on Monday that, at the time of the affair, Trump Jr. told wife Vanessa, whom he divorced last week, he was leaving her for the singer. Vanessa was apparently “devastated.” It didn’t take long after this news bit dropped for the internet to unearth O’Day’s 2013 nuance-free breakup song named “DTJ.” Is this the heartbreaking coda to their affair? Is “American Pie” about Buddy Holly?
“You want to believe that everything with me was a lie?” she asks on “DTJ.” (The song employs that handy pop trope of talking during the verses and then oscillating into a sung chorus. In that way, it’s like Nada Surf’s “Popular.”)
“The truth will only kill us both,” a man says.
“DTJ” was the side A, track 1 on O’Day’s debut solo EP, Between Two Evils. These days she’s one half of alt-pop duo Dumblonde, alongside fellow former Danity Kane member Shannon Bex.
Danity Kane, like Trump Jr.’s father, gained prominence on reality TV in 2005. The self-titled debut album went platinum, and the band broke up for good in 2014.
For his part, Trump Jr. sent flirty direct messages about bacon to a model while married to Vanessa, reportedly a month after Vanessa gave birth.
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.