- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
Danity Kane singer Aubrey O’Day reportedly had an affair with Donald Trump Jr. in 2011 after both crossed paths on Celebrity Apprentice. And she probably wrote an R&B song about it two years later.
Page Six reported on Monday that, at the time of the affair, Trump Jr. told wife Vanessa, whom he divorced last week, he was leaving her for the singer. Vanessa was apparently “devastated.” It didn’t take long after this news bit dropped for the internet to unearth O’Day’s 2013 nuance-free breakup song named “DTJ.” Is this the heartbreaking coda to their affair? Is “American Pie” about Buddy Holly?
“You want to believe that everything with me was a lie?” she asks on “DTJ.” (The song employs that handy pop trope of talking during the verses and then oscillating into a sung chorus. In that way, it’s like Nada Surf’s “Popular.”)
“The truth will only kill us both,” a man says.
“DTJ” was the side A, track 1 on O’Day’s debut solo EP, Between Two Evils. These days she’s one half of alt-pop duo Dumblonde, alongside fellow former Danity Kane member Shannon Bex.
Danity Kane, like Trump Jr.’s father, gained prominence on reality TV in 2005. The self-titled debut album went platinum, and the band broke up for good in 2014.
For his part, Trump Jr. sent flirty direct messages about bacon to a model while married to Vanessa, reportedly a month after Vanessa gave birth.
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.