- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ commercials drop a few big spoilers 8 Months Ago
- 11 party games for people sick of playing Cards Against Humanity Today 11:45 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy makes the most Curvy Wife Guy pregnancy announcement Today 11:31 AM
- ‘A Fortunate Man’ is a gorgeous, shallow adaptation of a classic novel Today 11:30 AM
- Obama’s ‘Easter worshippers’ tweet upsets conservatives Today 11:04 AM
- Trump responds to impeachment calls: ‘You can’t’ Today 10:43 AM
- Desperate YouTuber goes on ‘holy pilgrimage’ to meet PewDiePie Today 10:33 AM
- Influencer faces 20 years for hiring cousin to threaten man into giving up domain name Today 10:17 AM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ isn’t actually the end of Marvel’s Phase 3 Today 10:12 AM
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ just obliterated every stupid argument about its place in canon Today 9:24 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ brings us lots of horny Tormund memes Today 8:46 AM
- 12 adult toys sex bloggers swear by Today 8:45 AM
- Howard Schultz mocked for ‘majority of Americans are Americans’ ad Today 8:35 AM
- The ultimate guide to strap-ons Today 8:00 AM
- Why ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ is my favorite Marvel movie Today 7:59 AM
Ariana Grande restarts song during concert so fan can get it on camera
We stan a generous and thoughtful queen. That’s exactly what Sweetener singer Ariana Grande was during a special show Saturday night in Los Angeles.
Grande ran through the album, performing “Sweetener” and “Only 1” for the first time and included bops like “Blazed,” “R.E.M.,” and “God Is a Woman.” She also received a sweet introduction from her fiancé Pete Davidson (also one of the song’s namesakes).
After launching into her new album’s first track, “Raindrops (An Angel Cried)” for her final song of the night, one fan frantically cried out to her even after she’d sang the first few lyrics.
SOMEONE SAID “WAIT START AGAIN I WASNT RECORDING” AND SHE DID LMAOOOOOO pic.twitter.com/IEAhCM2YzX
— meliss (@majestcbitch) August 26, 2018
“Wait, start again, I wasn’t recording!” screamed the fan, which you can hear very clearly in the clip Twitter user @majestcbitch posted.
Grande continued her song for just a moment, but then brought it all to a halt with a huge grin on her face.
“Did someone said ‘Start again, I wasn’t recording?'” she asked, about to burst into giggles.
“I listen! I listen. I’m like ‘sure!'” joked Ariana after stopping mid-song to answer her adoring fan’s request. She gave the fan a few seconds, which they hopefully used to get their mind and recording equipment right, and went in to slay her vocals once more. “Are you ready now? I’m sorry! That was funny,” she giggled. “OK, are you ready?”
The crowd responded with an uproarious “yes!” and Grande launched into the bite-sized song to finish out the set.
Fans were enamored with Grande’s sweet gesture. Even though it was at the end of her performance, she certainly didn’t have to listen. And yet, she did, making a fan (and the internet in general) happy.
"WAIT START AGAIN I WASN'T RECORDING… "😂 pic.twitter.com/BPn5xdv98N
— Matthews M. (@JustMatt95) August 26, 2018
maybe i do love her..
— Wesi (@uglyass999) August 26, 2018
She honestly is such a sweetheart.
— La'Shawn Trotter (@bigtittydumpli1) August 26, 2018
Just when I think I can’t love that woman anymore and then BOOM she does THAT
— Sophie (@trafotoz) August 26, 2018
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LMAAOOOOOOO SHE IS SO SWEET I CAN'TSKANFNK
— Alanna 🌙 (@LewksOnThadAzz) August 26, 2018
She's the sweetest omg
— Aryan Lamb ♡ (@aryan_lamb) August 26, 2018
Even people who don’t know who Grande is were impressed.
Ok so I'm old and don't even know which of today's young ingénue-divas this is but she totally handled that with grace and humor. Props.
— 50+ Gay (@4skinhot) August 26, 2018
Others were understandably offended that this person chose to take a selfie when she was singing.
You’re taking a selfie while an angel is singing? Someone find her. pic.twitter.com/CATRR71RBI
— ❄️ (@theicypisces) August 26, 2018
Honestly, could we love Grande any more than we already do? Probably not.
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.